Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread >

Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 07:46 AM

Default RE: Team 5

That's a really nice buck, Antler Eater. Congratulations. That puts us in a good position to dominate this contest.

I have some big ones running around the neighborhood, literally (see post above), but I don't know how to get at them. Hopefully when the rut kicks in the does will pull some of those big boys over onto my hunting grounds. I'll be waiting patiently.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Anter Eater!! And to team five.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats guys, sure is a nice buck!!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, Thats a Beauty, Guess I have to shoot one to up our score now...

Putting the pressure on my team, aren't ya?
Old 10-05-2004, 07:29 PM

Good Job Antler! Nice looking buck! I hope I get a shot at something like that. Way to go.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Nice deer Antler...way to get us off to a good start!!!

Had a pretty good hunt yesterday. Saw 3 doe in a field about an hour before dark. They hung out for about an hour before crossing the field and hitting the woods. Just before dark, (I was actually picking up my stuff) I look up and see horns in the field. One buck, then two, then another. Three bucks in the same field. I then scrambled to get my grunt call and Can call. I used the grunt first and the smallest turns to look then goes back to feeding. I grunted 2 more times followed by two turns of the can. With that, the smaller of the three bucks heads straight for me at a walk. I hunted this spot on the ground and am tucked behind some tall grass and weeds near woods. I see the deer walking the edge to the corner and I get to full draw. Through the last set of weeds I see he is a four point. Knowing this, I know I am not going to shoot, but still hold so I don't get busted. He makes the corner and blows, but doesn't bolt away. Instead he jumps about 20 yards away and stomps, blows and jumps at me for the next 15 minutes.
Looking back out in the field I see the bigger buck. His rack is out past his ears, but by this point it is too dark to make out any points. The third buck never came off the opppsite tree line.
I don't think the 4 pt ever made out what I was. And I was able to get to my truck and leave without the deer leaving the field. So I hope I am ok.
I don't have a stand on this field, but next Monday I will. This spot isn't a great morning spot, but should be a good evening spot. Talk to ya later.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:40 PM

Looks like all them trash talkers are tied for last place right now!
Old 10-05-2004, 08:43 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Antler Eater

Very nice buck. Congrats!! Good luck on the 2nd tag. Doesn't matter if you would shoot a bigger buck when filling your second tag, this buck is just fine by any means. Congrats again!!

Wear

Goodluck on your spot. It sounds very promising.

After working 9 days straight, I've got the morning off to do some hunting. We have a
SW wind which is bad for almost all of my spots and hoping it switches. If not I will deal with it and got a spot in mind that so be ok.

Tim
Old 10-06-2004, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, thanks for all your support. I really appreciate all of your generous words.

Knowing that there are bigger bucks lurking in my area I suffer some anxiety thinking that I may have been to quick on the trigger. Then again there has been more than one season where I ate "tag soup" because none of the bucks that walked by met my expectations. What's a guy to do?

It sounds like you guys have a good handle on your areas and will be dropping the string on some nice horns. [8D] Keep up the good work. Things will only get better with the rut on the way. [8D]
Old 10-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

...Just some thoughts that crossed my mind after reading the thread concerning the entries filtering in.

Unless the guys on this forum are spending more time on the computer than hunting I can't imagine only three or four entries winning our contest. Looking at some of the teams and considering the experience and knowledge that there is on this message board those kind of results would utterly shock me. Don't get me wrong, I understand entirely when a guy decides to pass on a buck because they don't meet certain criteria, but for a majority of hunters I don't think that is the case. I also can empathize with those folks that can't spend the hours hunting that they would like to due to other obligations and commitments. But even for these people, if they can steal away some time during the rut, it only takes a matter of seconds to change an otherwise ho-hum season.

As usual (or so I am sometimes told) I see things in a little bit different light. In my opinion it is quite early yet. I feel like the last week of October through the end of November is where we will see the entries flood in at least for the Northern hunters.

Call me overly optimistic, hoplessly naive, or just a plain right wing nut job, but I have to think that at least half of the guys on our team will tag out with a buck of some kind. Is that a reasonable assumption? What do you think, and don't be afraid to hurt my feelings?

....Oh my, as I look down our roster and see the comments that my teammates have made on this thread, I feel like the above statement could be construed as an insult...my apologies...certainly that was not my intent. Maybe I should attempt to reword what I am trying to say. I BELIEVE IN YOU GUYS! I think there could be one or two on our team that for whatever reason won't shoot a buck, but I would be surprised if we didn't have better than a 50% success rate for our team. Color me crazy I guess.

Quick Reply: Official "Lung Busters" (5) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.