Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread >

Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Great story KS my wife was excited to here about your girlfriend's success. She's not enough though to go hunting. Oh well it's probably for the best. Can't wait to see the picks.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is one pic

Old 12-03-2004, 10:13 AM

Very nice buck. Congratulations!!
Old 12-03-2004, 10:33 AM

It sure would nice to have that guy in the contest.

Great deer.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Typical Buck

Hi Guys sorry it has been so long, just have a lot going on right now! Big Country - sorry to hear about your buck. We had a similar thing (my bro) 180 - 185 at 7 yards (steep angle in the stand) put the arrow exactly where it should be...good looking blood on the arrow - watched the deer for 40 minutes, walked up a hill - good trail with several puddles. went over the hill and vanished. The only thing I could figure was with the angle it deflected straight down from a rib (was shooting a spitfire).

dmax - congrats - it is good to get on the board!

ks - could you send me a copy of your video [email protected] tell your gal congrats on a dandy!

I have shot one doe so far, have not seen bubba yet this year, but have seen a hawg 4 different times - 19 - 20 inside spread, 18 point and I think most of the tines will be about 10 in but the really neat thing is how heavy it is. We put the blaze orange sneak on him going home from pheasant hunting one evening after watching him for 5 minutes.

After shot gun season ends I will get back out in a tree!

Good luck to all - Mike
Old 12-06-2004, 05:45 PM

Good to hear from you BOW HNT. I hope the rest of your season turns out well.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey guys. I spent a week in wyoming hunting birds over thanksgiving. but i got back out last week and have seen a lot of deer. One big one that I hope to get a chance at on friday morning. Good luck everyone.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:49 PM

Good luck to all you guys still archery hunting. I'll still have my gun out until this Saturday. We're pushing some new spots this week and learning new locations for late season archery. I have high hope for the late season and still tagging a buck. Good luck.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Nice deer KS, havn't seen anything close to that around here yet but looks like the bucks are starting to move again, things have been dead around here for six weeks. Screwed up weather to blame I think. Nobody's seeing anything in this area but I watched a 120" class 8 pointer last night at a friends house, around 7:00 PM. It would be a nice little shooter if it will cross into Wisconsin and move 2 miles upstream.
I only have a few more weekends to sit so I sure hope something happens soon, good luck to all and see you later.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, yesterday I went out hunting for the first time since the 1st season, before rifle season at a stop that the rifle hunters never got to this year, and has been hardly hunted this year. With the wind chill the weather was in single digits.

The first deer that entered the field was a small buck, which walked almost directly below my stand, which I passed on. Then I watched as 3 does entered into the Milo field and then followed by the monster buck of my dreams. I can say with confidence that this buck is the biggest typical whitetail that I have ever seen in the wild. The frame on this buck almost instantly reminded me of the "Barbwire Buck" that Bill Jordan missed, if any of you have seen that video. I'm used to seeing 120-150 class bucks, but seeing anything much bigger doesn't happen too often. Just a Magnificent buck with several tines over 12-15" tall, great width and was easy to see good mass, just a monster.

After the buck came out, 4 more does followed him. They were out at about 100 yards looking at something in the opposite direction, probably a coon or coyote or something. The does start heading my way and my heart starts pounding. Then all of the sudden the buck turns and heads of the other corner of the field, and walking away. I tried grunting, but with the 25 mph Kansas wind he never heard it.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get out and hunt in the evening since I had a X-mas get-together and my grandfather is terminally ill with brain cancer and I didn't want to miss it for hunting. I have Thursday-Sunday off from work, so on Wednesday night I'm driving back and hunting. I checked the weather and high in the afternoon is supposed to be in the teens, and with the wind it should be around 0, if not colder. But with a buck of that caliber, I have to be out there. I moved a stand to a better spot, so I getting really anxious for Thursday.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.