Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread >

Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Well, I'm back, and wasn't able to harvest a deer. I arrowed a big mulie on Saturday morning but hit just a little high, and unfortunately the arrowed didn't pass all the way through, so the blood trail sucked. We looked for a few hours without any luck. My buddy I was with arrowed a nice mulie though. I'm guessing it should score around 170-180 typical. I'll post some pictures when I get them loaded to the computer.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:14 AM

Too bad ks_hunter...tell your buddy congrats from me.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry to hear that KS. I know the feeling. Will you have another opportunity this season? congrats on the other kill, looking forward to the pics.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going out hunting this weekend, along some good river-bottom. My buddy hunting it Sunday Night, and saw 5 bucks, but only 2 of them were shooters in the 140 class range. This will be my last weekend hunt for probably the rest of the month. Here's a pic of my buddies buck.

Here is all of us in the hunting group

And here is another where I just had to shoot something. I ranged this guy at 39 yards and put a feild-point through his juggler. He was probably about 4 lbs. It was an afternoon spirit-lifter after a hard mornings hunt.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:08 AM

There is only 4 more days to hunt our first archery season. I hope to get out 3 more mornings. The weather has really cooled down here and is supposed to stay that way for the rest of the week. How much longer do you guys have to hunt archery in your states? Our second archery season comes in after Christmas and runs till the 2nd week of January.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:51 PM

Our season closes down for 2 weeks starting for rifle season this weekend. After that it is opened back up until Jan. 15. Me and my buddy actually did pretty good late seasom last year.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

those are some brutes KS the deer and the jack. Our season goes until january 15th also. Plenty of time. I'm goin in the morning to the same place I killed my doe a couple weeks ago. I'll let you know what happens. good luck guys.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

My season closes the 19 of Nov. for the gun season and reopens I think on the 29th but I have to check. It will be opened until the first weekend in January but this weekend is my best chance at bagging a buck. So many gun hunters around here that it is very hard to get a quality deer in December. The woods is overrun with blaze orange and all the smart ones go into hiding and stay there.[&o]
I have put in every weekend so far and took Thursday a week ago off to hunt, but nothing has been moving, not even the local deer have been coming out in the daylight. I hope the new moon puts them in a daytime mode otherwise things aren't looking that great this year.
My son and I are going on public land this Sunday and try rattling as a team, setting him up about 50 yards away and trying to play the wind. I have never tried this before but the way hunting has been I think I need a change of plans to change my luck.
Good luck to all.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:05 AM

My regular season is over. 2 does and no buck. There still is a 2 week gun season and 2 1/2 weeks of extended archery. Good luck to all.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I went out this weekend, and seen some really nice bucks. Saturday morning my girlfriend(who was video-taping) and I watched a couple nice bucks at about 150 yards. One was a typical 8 point maybe 120 class the other had a lot of points and bigger frame, was a really nice buck. But they never came closer. Had a young one come under the stand that I passed on. My buddy hunting the same stand on Sunday morning and seen a total of 7 bucks. He said he had a nice one in the 150 class range at 25 yards but then winded him and took off. So unfortunately no bucks down. Not sure when I'll be able to get out in the near future. It'll probably be closer to the end of the month. Good luck to you guys!

Quick Reply: Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.