Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread >

Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 01:56 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Let's have a team check. Who is on the board buck or does. I have got one doe so far.

It looks like the weather is finally breaking down here and starting to cool off. I am also starting to see more deer moving in the mornings again. I still haven't seen my shooter buck yet but hopefully the cooler weather will get them stirring around and the rut is just around the corner. Unfortunately, gun season comes in this weekend so it is going to get tough with all the additional hunters in the woods.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:10 PM

Nothing yet, but I've only hunted a few times. As the season moves into november, I'll be out a lot more. Our season in MO lasts till Jan. 15.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

I have only been out twice and have not even seen a deer in my stand[:@][:@]! Have had a bunch of turkeys and have snuck up on 3 to 25 yards. It was extremely hot and I did end up with about 250 bug bites, so... I got dat goin for me!
Old 10-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

I just spent last night, this morning and tonight looking for one that my 13 year old son took a shot at. No blood, hair or arrow at the place he said it was standing. We walked the trail he said the deer took and nothing. I have been making grid searches looking for any sign but nothing. No crows, coyotes or anything. My only guess is that the arrow is under the dirt. We raked all the leaves away but nothing so I need to get a metal detector so I can set my mind at ease.
I have been seeing lots of deer at my stand but no shooters yet. another week or two and I will burn up some of my vacation time hunting so maybe then but for now the weather has been to warm to have a deer hanging around and I just don't have the time to take care of one yet.
Good luck to all and shoot straight!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 06:10 PM

One doe so far. No shooter buck in range yet. I've been hearing about alot of sightings in the area. My time is growing short with kids and a 2nd job, but I feel confident that my stands will produce once the cooler weather setttles in for good. Good Luck to all.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't got a deer yet. Hopefully I will be able to get out this weekend. I have a great spot lined up, so we'll see. My grandfather is not in good chape due to some recently found cancer so this weekend is still up in the air as far as where I'll be. I'll keep you all posted. Good luck to you all.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:51 PM

Hope your grandfather is well. I lost my grandfather in 94 to cancer. My uncle just beat cancer this year. It can be done. Good luck and prayers to you and your family.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:14 PM

I will second that Deer902. thoughts and prayers in Georgia are with you kshunter.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:31 PM

I got a tip from the UPS guy the other day and checked on it that same night. He said a big buck was showing up in my area around 10:30-11PM almost everynight. He was right. At 10:30pm a huge 10 point ran right in front of my car and into a field I always spot. We have a couple stands in the same area. This guy was HUGE. I think I know where he is bedding, because I saw him in another area nearby earlier in the evening on another day. My brother inlaw also saw a monster in another county we hunt where I shot my doe. I can't wait for the chase phase to start and maybe get some daytime sightings.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

You have my thoughts and prayers also KS - my dad was diagnosed with cancer on Pearl Harbor Day 1999 - Had a tough road for a while, but is doing well now. So if you want to talk - just pull up a keyboard!

Good luck to all this weekend - the last couple of days we have had some colder weather - so maybe they will start moving more!

Quick Reply: Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.