Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread >

Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

What's the latest fellas??? Anything new to report? I got out this past weekend and saw lots of does but no horns...I'm seeing the usual signs of rut activity picking up. How about you fellas?
Old 10-20-2004, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

Leaving tonight for a morning hunt...dont expect much..its a bad wind SSE...plus its still early.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Monday 1640, I was in a small oak grove near a bedding area in the earn-a-buck property when a very nice 11 ptr show up to feed on acorns - only 13 yds away! A 4x4 with 3 stickers, excellent mass, good tine length, but only a ~16 in spread - I estimated a 4 1/2 yr old. My "shoot-meter" was pegged, but unfortunately, I still needed to take a doe. He departed, I hope I see him again under the same circumstances. A doe showed up about 1 1/2 hrs later. She kept looking up at me as she fed. I drew as she stood behind a tree 15 yds away. Before I could launch, she stepped forward and then approached me, looking up. I held for a minute, but no way was I going to take the quartering on shot. She didn't like my looks, and left going away, sob...
Had to go on travel the last few days, will be back in the saddle tomorrow...
-fsh
Old 10-21-2004, 12:39 AM

Hey fellas how's it going??? Gonna give it another shot Fri, Sat., and Sun. It's supposed to be pretty bad Fri., nite with 60 m.p.h. winds but calm down the rest of the weekend. I think the rest of the weekend will be good when the weather settles. Fly I'm gonna stick to the acorns. Good Luck Fella's. Remember look through the woods not at the woods
Old 10-21-2004, 07:07 PM

i got a doe a week ago but havent seen horns, im not sure when i can get out with a bow because i cut my hand with boxcutters last night ended up with 14 stitches and its about a 4 inch gash in the muscles right below the thumb, cant pull my bow back yet due to pain but the nurse was a hunter and he gave me a brace to help keep the thumb from moving so i can pull it back soon. pretty deep cut too
Old 10-21-2004, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Nothing doin at the farm this morning as expected of coarse not hunting the prime spots yet either....ONly working 3 days next week... 1 day Halloween week and have the week after that off and I will been hitting it hard.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:10 PM

Things have been slow around here lately. Was seeing a lot of deer early but here lately not much of anything. Going to a new place this evening, about 45 acres in one the best spots in the county. No one else hunts there and hasn't for a while so maybe I will get a little action. Been slow for all my friends to so I feel like things will be picking up here soon. Rut here in KY is estimated to be NOV 5TH- NOV 20TH. Good luck guys.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

Still in the earn-a-buck lands w/o a doe. Fri afternoon, I jumped two does bedded down in the hollies near my stand overlooking two dropping white oaks. Zero.

Sat morning (10/23), another oak flat: 6 bucks and three does. The only does approaching me were chased off by a 6 ptr. Lots of "pre-rut" activity - pair of bucks fought briefly just out of seeing range, and another buck was grunting like a pig as he passed by. Got out of the stand and tried to get close to a doe being watched like a hawk by a shooter 8 ptr, not...

Got a good lead on where some does may be hanging out (another oak flat) and plan to be there Monday evening - no Sunday hunting in MD.

Keep your stories coming guys.

-fsh
Old 10-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

This will be my First week with any extended hunting, I've very excited...2.5 days straight...leaving Tuesday Night.....should start to see some chasing...going to move into some better spots as well..........and so it begins. I'll fill ya'll in when I get back.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

well, As usuall the weather doesnt want to cooperate...hot and raining all week this...not kool not kool at all...I suppose the best bet is to stay at work and save the days for later....So I'll have the first 2 weeks of Nov off and then a couple days left over for the third week if need be. Supposed to be a cold front coming in on weekend...next week should be good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.