Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread >

Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 01:37 PM

Default RE: Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

SW Iowa Hunter sneaks in to check out the competition... Finding none he walks out...
Old 09-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

We heard, saw, and smelled you coming so we vacated the joint....just like any buck with horns will do this season to you and your team. The only "backstraps" you will be cutting on will be from the back of a smooth head doe or bambi button buck.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:57 PM

u tell him wolfen and we didnt vacate our camo is too good for u to see us good luck tryin to keep up with this competition
Old 09-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

For some reason my right index finger itches so bad I can barely stand it.

PS.
we've got another El Nino this year...I dont like that too much.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys just thought i would tell of the GREAT NEWS i just recieved. seems i have been put in a lottery draw to hunt in an urban deer zone on a public metro park that has 1600 acres of never before hunted land that has a creek right through the middle of it and some steep and some flat land with farm crops all around. they are drawing 100 permits and so far i am # 23 entered. i stubled onto this metro parks web sight and contacted the biologist for the parks to ask permission to bowhunt and was told i could be in this hush hush lottery. it draws this friday and when drawn, and biologist says i should be all i have to do is put 4 arrows out of 5 in a ten inch circle at 20 yards from an elevated position to qualify. guess what. my back yard is exactly 20 yards and from my roof i have months of practice. sry for the long post. just real excited. i have driven by this sancuary before and seen monster bucks there. as i said it has never been hunted and in an urban zone too. which means i can take four deer at $10 a piece i can't wait till friday. i'll keep you all posted
Old 09-15-2004, 10:27 AM

Don't worry about the pretenders boys, we AIN'T gettin any respect around these boards except from kcison, he did pick us in his top teams but to the other naysayers just remember B.S walks and KS,MD, PA,MN and KY bucks will talk. [:-] Sorry if I left any team members out.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

atleast you knew to count me in as my buck will shut you all up!!!

PA
Old 09-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

Just got back from the farm...Put 3 more stands in this morning...they sure were out last night and this morning all feeding in the beans...deer everywhere, I saw 2 shooters in the beans this morning. They'll probably be switching to corn shortly I would think.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

First hunt of the season on a farm of a friend (non-hunter), and I had a nice 3 1/2 yr (+?) old broadside at 10 yds 7:30 tonight. Big body, good antler mass, but the tine length was lacking. He showed up 15 min after a lite rattlin' sequence. A (friendly & qdm) neighbor I chatted with early in the day clued me in that there are larger bucks than the 17", 8 ptr I was looking at - I know cause I saw them last year, so the buck got a pass... (I did think about the saying "take the shot on the first day you'd take on the last day...). Well, still 4+months of MD bow season, and plenty of adventure ahead. But no more hunting for the next two weeks, work has me on the road and then a rim-to-rim Grand Canyon hiking trip with the wife... then it's back in the saddle. Good luck guys! Hope to hear some good stories when I return.
-fsh
Old 09-16-2004, 11:12 PM

We'll fellas the truck's all packed and I must make one more trip to Iowa for work. I'll be sittin in the stand tomorrow evening in the oak flats of upper MISSOURI. I think this is a pretty good idea since they haven't taken out any crops yet. The DOC put antler restrictions on us this year so it's go big or go home. I'd hate to call off work for three or four days but I don't think it'll take that long.

Quick Reply: Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.