Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread >

Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TEAM 16

can someone type in exactly what it is that i am supposed to put in my signature for the banner to work. i do not see a remove_me in there to remove. i am either dumb or computer won't let me
do i enter this

or what. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Old 09-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Fork Horn

hey finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess i am not as dumb as i thought. now with that out of the way, i found a good out of the way water hole on public land that takes about an hour to walk to and very very far from anything. i saw some tracks at the edge of the water that all but tell me there is a bruiser in there. i have not seen anything in the area except for a nice nine and eight point but these tracks aren't theirs. i will be in that tree next to the water at sunup on oct 2. good luck everyone. sry i have been a bother with the signature thingy. ha ha
Old 09-10-2004, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

Went out to the farm this week and hung a couple more stands...240 more of the acres of CRP on our farm...Last year everything was Corn Surrounding...This year almost everything is Soy Beans...Not to happy about that...but there is one cornfield right accross the road from an elevated ridge with a clearing ontop..60 more acres we have permission on... dear bed on the shelves on the steep drop to the road with the corn on the other side...we also have an Alfalfa field boardering one fenceline as well. Checked all the bean fields at night and nothing was happening.
Thinking about dropping in a Biologic plot this weekend. Mum is the word on Mr. Big that beds up above the barn.
Tick tock tick tock
Old 09-10-2004, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2droptine

Went out to the farm this week and hung a couple more stands...240 more of the acres of CRP on our farm...Last year everything was Corn Surrounding...This year almost everything is Soy Beans...Not to happy about that...but there is one cornfield right accross the road from an elevated ridge with a clearing ontop..60 more acres we have permission on... dear bed on the shelves on the steep drop to the road with the corn on the other side...we also have an Alfalfa field boardering one fenceline as well. Checked all the bean fields at night and nothing was happening.
Thinking about dropping in a Biologic plot this weekend. Mum in the word on Mr. Big that beds up above the barn.
Tick tock tick tock

I have a similar issue where I hunt where the farmer planted sorgum this year and for as long as I could remember it had been winter wheat and the deer flocked to it. Now it's sorgum and three huge sections surrounding this farm have come out of CRP and they are planting wheat!!![] Who knows, I have one stand in what I consider a honey hole regardless of crops just because it is so frickin' wooly and the deer love to bed in it. But I would rather hunt the beans than the corn just because it's seems to me that those hawgs live in the corn and never come out! But it sounds like you have a great place to hunt!!! Good luck!!!!

t-miller...go get that Ohio public land PY record bood hawg!!!! You know he's there! Sounds like with an hour long walk you are getting deep in the thick stuff where no wimps will dare venture. Good luck!!
Old 09-10-2004, 02:13 PM

Going out after my 2 friends this evening, right after my B-day party, hit the big 41 today so I am ready for a nice gift this evening.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

Well....what did ya see kY?
(as I live thru you for 20 more days)
Old 09-11-2004, 09:06 AM

Saw 4 does, used my call in a can and had one 15 yds from me looking straight at me, never would give me a broadside so I let her go. Went this morning, and saw absolutely nothing, see deer every night but have yet to see one in the morning?
Old 09-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

I find to be most productive especially early season in the mornings you gotta sit for a good while..last year I didnt see a deer until 9am on my first morning.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:25 PM

happy bday ky i turn 18 on thursday and good luck with the deer maybe ull get a nice late bday present
Old 09-13-2004, 08:45 AM

Default RE: Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

Hey guys, havent scored yet but I have a feeling it won't be long, seeing lots of bucks on my new property, 14 in all, at least 7 shooters and 3 that would be real nice. Its just hard hunting from the ground but I am getting used to it and getting closer and closer to getting a shot. If you have never bowhunted from the ground you ought to try it sometime, its quite a rush seeing the deer, then either trying to get them to respond to a call, or stalking up close enough for a shot. For now I can go every night and most mornings so hopefully I will be in the right spot here soon.

Quick Reply: Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.