Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "The Big 10 "   (10) Thread >

Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 09:54 AM

Default RE: Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

This past Sunday morning was pretty amazing!!! I saw 3 different bucks (no shooters though). I saw the 2 smallest sparring a little bit. The smallest one made a scrape about 10 yards from my stand, then he made another about 5 yards from the orginial one. He also demolished a small bush as he was making the orginial scrape. They made their way to the left of my stand only to be pushed back my way by a decent 5 pointer. He was grunting like crazy, and boy was he letting the other two know he was the dominant one of the three. I know there are bigger bucks in the area, and I can't wait until this weekend!!! It is going to be cold, which should get the bucks really chasing. One more thing....I rattled 2 times, and the first buck came in approx. 5 minutes after my last rattling sequence. The second buck was coming in as well when he and the first buck made eye contact. Things are really starting to heat up. Hopefully I will be reporting in this weekend with a nice buck to get THE BIG TEN going!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 04:18 PM

Hey guys. Today was the last day of bowhunting for me here and i went out this morning and 2 cows came from somwhere so their weren't any deer. All this month as i have gone out i have only seen 6 deer and all were does. I think next year i need to find a new spot. So..I am kinda upset but theres always next year.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Come on guys, you need to get on the board here! What's going on??

I guess I don't have much room to talk though, even if I was still on your team I haven't shot anything either. Except a doe, but of course she doesn't count. Hopefully the bucks are moving in SW Wisconsin this weekend cuz that's where I'll be. If not, then it's back home to IL to try and get one of these sneeky suburban giants.

Good luck to all you guys, I want to see you get some points on the board!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

vanden sorry to hear that. i put up another stand in a different hay field at one of my spots tonight. i saw 2 8 pointers. one is a yearling and the other is a nice 2 1/2 year old (i think) anyway ill be going out tomorrow hopefully to at least see a deer.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:52 PM

Sorry it's been so long my computer took a dump and had to change my handle to lou-lou2 just to get back in. Well chalk one up for the big ten, Just got a 130 class 8 pointer tonight in N.Y. Fifteen yard shot double lung and top of the heart, 175lbs dressed. Trying to download pictures but have been unsucessfull so far, but will keep on trying. Muzzy's band to the bone. What have we got so far? Big ten all the way!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2004, 09:07 AM

All Right Lou-Lou!!!! Way to go!!! I shot a doe this weekend, but haven't seen the big boys yet!!!! Things are starting to het up though!!! THE BIG TEN IS ON THE BOARD!!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome Lou-Lou. We wondered where you've been. Way to go.

I jumped an 8 point basket rack this past Sunday on my way out of my stand. And also found an enormous rub 20 yards from my stand.

I'll be out there Saturday evening.

Let's go boys!
Old 11-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been here for a few weeks. I hope everyone's seasons are going well. lou lou, looking forward to seeing your photos and congrats on your harvest. I hope everyone still has plenty of season left. I do until Dec 23rd. I have been seeing some nice bucks but not the buck I want to harvest. Good Luck fellas, until later. Good hunting.

Troy
Old 11-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

finally we are on the board! nice job lou lou! i am going out tomorrow morning if it is not raining. hopefully it stops 1/2 before first light. the deer would really be moving and i would be able to get in super quiet. (we have the day off school tomorrow) i plan on hunting from dawn to at least noon hopefully unless a friend calls and wants to go shoot some geese. the farmer saw a 6 and a button with a doe right out in front of my stand earlier. to my surprise he said the bucks werent even chasing her. they just kind of acknowledged she was there and kept on feeding in the field with her. weird?? well anyways im a looking to get one of the two 8 pointers i have been seeing. either way if its brown its down!!

way to go lou lou got us on the board! good luck team 10
Old 11-10-2004, 10:29 PM

Well things are heating up here in N.Y. This morning shot a 125lb doe at 12yards double lung shot , she ran 30 yards and then fell over, While dressing her out another doe came up on me , never saw me , so I grabbed my bow and shot her at 25 yards, 2 doe in about 15 minutes, it will never happen again, I'm not that lucky. I forgot to tell you guys a shot a doe in illinois on oct 6 of this year, the bucks were there but since it's early season you have to be right on top of them. Lucky for me the 2 does were on my grandfathers property. He has 10 crop damage tags to be filled this year so I used his instead of mine, so i could keep on hunting. that makes four deer for the big ten, sorry I was sandbagging I could keep it in any longer. 3 does and 1 buck not a bad year so far, My father bowhunts also and wanted to sign over his buck tag to me but we need permission from our conservation oficer who hasen't called me back yet, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Today I went out for the afternoon saw two more does and a monster 16 pointer, typical 10 with kickers everywhere. He was only 35 yards away and the does would not leave him one on each side of him. very frustrating!!!! Had the shot, but no buck tag until the officer calls me back and approves the transfer. What a bummer. Buck of a lifetime and no tag, that's the way it always goes, you know hunting for fall turkey and see a monster buck, hunting for deer and see a huge gobbler. Can't seem to win. Shoot straight guys it's only going to get better it the temps keep low. Lou-Lou2

Quick Reply: Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.