Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "The Big 10 "   (10) Thread >

Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

well guys i have been added to team ten. i hunt illinois. near fulton county. seen a nice deer about a month ago. easily p&y. hope to get a shot at him. good luck everyone.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:13 PM

Welcome 870 good to have you along.

DC i totaly agree with you when you said the first time you shot you were hooked, i still remember i had some black plastic bow that i shot with my dad when we shot in the back yard where we now have a deck, and it was just a way that i could be doing something with dad, and actually have fun just kidd'n dad. but i was always amazed at how accurit he was and mine barely made it to the target. now we are shooting damn neer 100 shots a night together and he can't come with in a mile of me. As for my cuzin, he is gunna get out this year, because my dad and i have made the whole bow hunting stories sound so addicting. of course his KZ will only be 10-15 yards, it's still just beeing out there. some bad news about this weekend was that we didn't get either of the big boyz on the trail camara again, or see to many deer, but on the good side, there is A LOT of deer sign in the wooks. we even noticed that there were a couple of torn up trees IT'S THAT TIME! ! !

-Hoyt
Old 09-06-2004, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome to The Big Ten Shootem up870. I will PM our logo designer to ask if he would be so kind as to remove Bowfreak4life and add Shootem up870.

Well here is the roster. And it is an impressive line up of shooters. Who could ask for better?

Vanden10 - Alberta
Shootem up870 - Illinois
270 win. - Virginia
Teamster284 - Ohio
Davidchesney - Illinois
Hoyt14 - Wisconsin
Shed33 - Idaho
Lou-Lou - Illinois
dough boy - Ohio
H80hunter - Wisconsin

I have been researching a few online Hunting logs for us to use as a team. The one I thought we were going to use had too many issues as far as personal information. I didn't trust it. So I've decided that we should use Hunting Log.com. If someone else has used any others that have proved useful please let us know. The only criteria I require is it be free to all team members.

I've set up a team account for us. The "Hunt Club" name is The Big Ten and each of our user names are now listed in the "Call Information" drop down field.

Disregard the previous PM I sent each of you asking for e-mail address, birth date, etc. I didn't feel comfortable giving any of our information to them.

I will be sending out a new PM to each of you providing you with the Username & Password to access our hunting log account. No personal information from you will be needed. It seems fairly straight forward to use and has several other resources for information, scoring, weather forecast and bulletin boards. Play around with it and let me know if you think it will be of any use to us.

The season is so close I can smell it. And it smells like Victory!
Old 09-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

You've hopefully all been sent the Hunting Log info. If not, let me know. Some of you may have received multiple PM's from me. Sorry, PM was having "issues".
Old 09-06-2004, 12:12 PM

sounds good DC hopefully we can all keep on that, and really get to know whats working, and whats not. only 12 more dayz

-Hoyt
Old 09-06-2004, 05:45 PM

Hey i wont be around for a couple of days. Elk season starts the same time as bow season, but i am goin elk hunting instead. I am leaving tomorrow and comin back saturday.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:59 AM

David-I just joined the huntinglog, but can't get to the "hunt club" for our team. How do you do get there?
Old 09-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Hi dough boy. Did you log in using the username & password I PM'd to you? If so then it's all set waiting for "Add Log Entry" info. No one has been out yet in order to add a log entry so there is really nothing to view or search for yet. To the right of the "Hunt Club" button is a drop down window which lists "The Big Ten". Pick this and then your name to add log info. Your name can be found by dropping down the window (1, 2 or 3) to the right of the "Call Information" button. It is waiting for you to go out in the field and then return with info to log. Hope this helps. It's pretty much all new to me as well so we'll know more about how it works as we all get in and enter in log info for our individual hunts....I hope.

We all owe a big Thank You to HNIJustin of team 20 for designing our logo for us.

Anyone else who has questions or even answers on how the HuntingLog website works, please speak up. I could use some insight to it as well.

Has anyone else gone out and hung stands, done any scouting, tuned their broadheads, changed their set-up or anything related as of late? We'd love to hear about it. Post up with what's been going on.

I went to the range on Monday. Didn't have time to go on my usuall Saturday morning. I was grouping at 2/20 & 4/40 with Muzzy 100's. I think I should be set. But I'm turning up the heat on practicing starting this week. Shooting every Wednesday night, Friday night, Saturday morning and Sunday morning and then every chance I get after the opener. I'm ordering a new Range Finder this weekend The Bushnell Yardage Pro seems to fit my budget. And I'm ordering the "Deer Sleigh" so I can save my back when I stick that monster this fall.

As a side note; The Illinois Resident either sex, over the counter tags are finally available.

Good luck guys,
-David
Old 09-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i went to get a bottom nock put on my bow. guy didnt leave enough room for the nock so i had to adjust it myself. i ended up getting it down far enough but also screwed up my kisser and peep alignment. well i think i got it back to where it was before. i also adjusted the sights so they where more in the middle of the pin guard so i am still trying to get them fully sighted in again. i have picked up a lore stabilizer about a week ago and got a wb2 last month. im ready for the hunting season to start. i am going to get a facemask, limbsavers, sims cable slide, kwikee quiver, and a b/h target before the season starts. just waiting to get paid.

well thats all i got for now.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

o and how do i get the team logo in my sig?

Quick Reply: Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.