Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "The Big 10 "   (10) Thread >

Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

I have e-mailed our last two hold outs about checking in here. I hope we do not need any alternates. That would mean a new logo.

Can we tell when each of our seasons open and our initial thoughts to the type of hunting we each plan to do?

Mine - Illinois - October 1st

Working a 2,200 acre piece of public land. Looking to drop a climbing stand along a cross road I've located with plenty of White Oak shading the area. I found a what I think is a bedding area on the opposite side of the stand by about 60 yards. It looks quiet to get into. Haven't tried it in the dark though. I've also scouted a couple of alternate areas so I have choices with the breeze. And I'm heading out to an area close to my house this weekend for a look see. 4,000 acres within 15 minutes of home. a great place I think for that impulse hunt.

I am taking a week vacation October 18th for strictly hitting the woods of my two hunting areas. I wish this coming Monday was October 18th.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like this guys attitude. Trash talkin' his Dad. Glad your on our team kid!
Many would call it disrespect but we have a great relationship this way. He is my all time favorite hunting partner and I wouldn't have it any other way. That said his bigger buck was with a gun. He has NEVER shot a buck with a bow. I have. And for being a stand stealer, I paid for that stand. I just happened to set him up on the best spot on the property when he started because he was my kid just starting out. It will be his when he is there. But I have almost 3 weeks of vacation to use this fall while he is in class.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:51 PM

Talk about crappy logo's....lol.......wtf is that thing under y'alls names????? Oh my..........
Old 08-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 10

Hoyt14 ... ur dad PMed me and told me you played some PUCK for your HS , thats cool , i play varsity for my HS and i also play some travel .... midget aa major here in PA... i hear u on the busy thing tho with my GF and playin on 2 teams , i have to wait til late night to get on the comp.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

I'm real excited, just hooked up Oct. 1 thru DEC. 20 on vacation , look out woods here I come. Plenty of time to go out and choose the right stand based on wind direction. Big Ten all the way.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:13 PM

Hey wat site do u guys do to upload your pictures? I would like to show some pics of deer that i saw last year and my last years bow kill.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:19 PM

Sep 18 is when WI opens (to far away),
[quote]ORIGINAL: DoubleLung55

i hear u on the busy thing tho with my GF and playin on 2 teams
yea my hands are tied till midnight or so with the ladies, but as for as the ice goes, we have a captains ice every sunday(isn't enough) and we start in late October, early November. I do have one Question for ya, i was at a Badger camp coached by Mike Eves** and i was just wondering if you attended it too, it was in Middleton for a week in mid July, glad to see that there is another hockey player, and i wish you the best of luck in and out of the woods, on and off the ice.

-Hoyt
Old 08-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

no i wasnt there ....good luck to your too ....

Im on the ice 3 times a week , 2 practices a day .... it sucks , then we r starting lifting too which will add to the lengthy days!
Old 08-26-2004, 10:26 PM

oh and by the way my dad is just being nice tanight, cuz i just got done out shoot'n him in the back yard lol -you have a ways to come dad, but thanks for all the pointers even though you forgot most of 'em and yea yea yea you are gunna be out there for three weeks (but thats just to even up the oddslol)
good luck

-Hoyt
Old 08-26-2004, 10:32 PM

Here is the first deer that i ever took with a bow. I took it last year about 4 days into the season.

Quick Reply: Official Team "The Big 10 " (10) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.