Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Crossbow recommendations. >

Crossbow recommendations.

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow recommendations.

Old 11-30-2021, 12:28 PM
Spike

Default Crossbow recommendations.

So after I got my covid bonus from uncle Peabody my next check will have around $650 extra dollars on it and was thinking about getting a crossbow. Any anyone has any suggestions on the basics to get for a beginner? Trying to stay close to that amount that my uncle was so kind to give to me.
Old 12-23-2021, 02:03 PM
Spike

I also purchased a crossbow at $300. I'm looking for the same advice on this crossbow.
Old 12-24-2021, 02:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

With crossbows, you get what you pay for. Spend the money. Get a good one.
Old 12-24-2021, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

I have had a centerpoint sniper 370 ($214.00) new when I bought it several years ago. I dont think you need to pay $1500.00 on a crossbow to be happy
Old 12-24-2021, 02:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Some of the higher end ones have cocking and de-cocking mechanisms. That is worth quite a bit IMO. The Ten Point Viper S400 I have is a 400 FPS cross bow that has a built in crank to cock and de-cock it. It takes literally 5 seconds to unload and de-cock it and be legal for the vehicle trip home.
Old 01-09-2022, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a TenPoint Titan which was in your price range. It shoots 370fps and is very accurate. It doesn’t have a de-cocking mechanism like CIs does. I just shoot a practice bolt into a target to unload. The only knock I have is that it is very loud. I’m going to see if I can get some so d dampers for on it.