HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   PSE Fang problem (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/424569-pse-fang-problem.html)

SpellNC9 12-05-2020 05:47 PM

PSE Fang problem

I have 3 pse dang crossbows that my kids shoot and one of them keeps giving me problems to cock it. I need to mess with the locking and safety mechanism in order to get it cocked. Should this be something to send the bow back to PSE or can I fix it?

Oldtimr 12-06-2020 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by SpellNC9 (Post 4384684)
I have 3 pse dang crossbows that my kids shoot and one of them keeps giving me problems to cock it. I need to mess with the locking and safety mechanism in order to get it cocked. Should this be something to send the bow back to PSE or can I fix it?

Do not mess with it yourself. The safety is the only thing that prevents the thing from firing after it is cocked, take it to a bow shop od send it back to the manufacturer. There are some things that people shouldn't mess with, the fact that you asked the question is evidence that you are not sure of what you are doing.

deerskinshop 07-14-2021 11:48 PM

it is cocked, take it to a bow shop do send it back to the manufacturer. There are some things that people shouldn't mess with, the fact that you asked the question is evidence that you are not sure of what you are doing.

riskincide 11-01-2023 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by SpellNC9 (Post 4384684)
I have 3 pse dang crossbows that my kids shoot and one of them keeps giving me problems to cock it. I need to mess with the locking and safety mechanism in order to get it cocked hr course in malaysia. Should this be something to send the bow back to PSE or can I fix it?

1. Read the Manual: Make sure you thoroughly read and understand the user manual provided with the crossbow. It may contain instructions on how to properly address common issues or troubleshooting steps.
  2. Inspect the Crossbow: Carefully examine the problematic crossbow for any visible damage, wear, or loose parts that may be causing the issue. Ensure that all components are in good condition.
  3. Check Strings and Cables: Problems with cocking can sometimes be related to the condition of the bowstrings and cables. Ensure they are not frayed or damaged. If they are, they may need replacement or professional servicing.
  4. Lubrication: Apply appropriate lubrication to moving parts of the crossbow, as specified in the user manual. This can help with smooth operation.
  5. Seek Professional Help: If you're uncomfortable or unsure about making adjustments to the locking and safety mechanism, it's best to seek professional assistance. PSE or an authorized dealer can provide expert guidance and perform necessary repairs or adjustments.
  6. Contact PSE: If the crossbow is still under warranty, or if you believe the issue is beyond basic maintenance, consider contacting PSE's customer support for guidance on whether to send the bow in for inspection or repair.

GOOD OLE BOY 12-23-2023 06:32 PM

That’s Chinese quality for ya.

riskincide 04-09-2024 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by riskincide (Post 4413036)
  1. Read the Manual: Make sure you thoroughly read and understand the user manual provided with the crossbow. It may contain instructions on how to properly address common issues or troubleshooting steps.
  2. Inspect the Crossbow: Carefully examine the problematic crossbow for any visible damage, wear, or loose parts that may be causing the issue. Ensure that all components are in good condition.
  3. Check Strings and Cables: Problems with cocking can sometimes be related to the condition of the bowstrings and cables. Ensure they are not frayed or damaged. If they are AC repair in Cedar Park company, they may need replacement or professional servicing.
  4. Lubrication: Apply appropriate lubrication to moving parts of the crossbow, as specified in the user manual. This can help with smooth operation.
  5. Seek Professional Help: If you're uncomfortable or unsure about making adjustments to the locking and safety mechanism, it's best to seek professional assistance. PSE or an authorized dealer can provide expert guidance and perform necessary repairs or adjustments.
  6. Contact PSE: If the crossbow is still under warranty, or if you believe the issue is beyond basic maintenance, consider contacting PSE's customer support for guidance on whether to send the bow in for inspection or repair.

If you're experiencing recurring issues with cocking one of your PSE Fang crossbows, it's advisable to contact PSE directly for assistance. They can provide guidance on whether the issue can be resolved through adjustments or if the crossbow needs to be sent in for repair. Safety should always be the priority when dealing with crossbow mechanisms, so it's essential to address any issues promptly and correctly.