Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Anyone know a good but afforadbale crossbow? >

Anyone know a good but afforadbale crossbow?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Anyone know a good but afforadbale crossbow?

Old 03-21-2020, 07:35 AM
Spike

Default Anyone know a good but afforadbale crossbow?

Got any good recommendations?
Old 03-21-2020, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Go to the crossbow specific section of the forum and you will get more responses. What is your price range, what you consider afoordible is different then what I consider affordable. Wicked Ridge crossbows are made by ten point. I have one and it shoots very good for being in the lower price range.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Moved to the appropriate section. Good luck.

-Jake
Old 03-21-2020, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

this was just posted here a few days ago

https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/cro...ack-stock.html

However, IMO< nothing beats going to a few good shops that have a large selection and shooting some and seeing what one's FIT you, and your style of hunting
as what I like, you might NOT

and many small differences in X bows, that may again make you like or dislike, as face it, were NOT all built the same , nor like the same things!

from fit, sound, width, ease to load/unload weight, and so on!

Old 03-22-2020, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Centerpoint 415 comes in a few different names ....The 415 Amped can be found in most places, 415 Heat can be found in selective stores, the 415 Patriot is for Walmart, there isn't any difference between them as far as specs they are the same...the Heat and Patriot comes with a hand crank if you decide you need to use it.....I personally have the Patriot I found it last month at Walmart on clearance sale for $169.00.

I do think the scope should be upgraded which I did, the bolts in my opinion are OK, I use them to discharge my crossbow at the end of a hunt....I did upgrade the bolts the Victory Decimators with lighted nocks, these can be found at Dick's Sporting Goods or Field & Stream Store, or at Sportsmansguide,com under their "GUIDE GEAR" name.....these are the same as the Victory XBolts, they fly great, and the price is excellent, look them up on Dick's, Field & Stream or Sportsmansguide.com web page, I really like the Rage Hypodermic broadheads, also I had just two other upgrades down....I had the trigger worked on the trigger pull is now 2.5 lbs, the creep of 1/8", and replaced the bolt retainer with a brush.....It wasn't needed these two upgrades, but being I got the bow so cheap in price I said what the heck !!!

For the Centerpoint Amped 415 this price is excellent when compared to other stores or online price: https://northwoodsoutlet.com/product...-415-crossbow/

Attached Thumbnails Anyone know a good but afforadbale crossbow?-img_2785.thumb.jpg.6cca3036360ddf890af9afb32ac4f325.jpg  

Last edited by BOWHUNTERCOP; 03-22-2020 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Check out Carbon Express crossbows.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

have you looked at wicked ridge crossbows. sister company is 10 point crossbows.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have 2 CenterPoint Sniper 370 crossbows and IMO they are everything you need in a crossbow. They're inexpensive (about $250) and are very fast and accurate. I've had mine for 3 years now and I've taken 2 buck with the one. The other I got for my grandson. These manufacturers are going nuts with their prices.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I have 2 CenterPoint Sniper 370 crossbows and IMO they are everything you need in a crossbow. They're inexpensive (about $250) and are very fast and accurate. I've had mine for 3 years now and I've taken 2 buck with the one. The other I got for my grandson. These manufacturers are going nuts with their prices.
I agree 110% on Centerpoint and the prices of some are insane
Old 03-31-2020, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I have that same CrossBow . I paid $300 a couple years ago and I am completely satisfied with it . We can use it the last two weeks of Bow Season in New York so it works for me .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.