Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ten Point Viper

Old 11-13-2020, 05:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I too am a first timer with a crossbow and bought the viper s400. I bought it mostly for the ten point name. The cocking and decocking works great and the bow is very fast and accurate. A bit noisy but it is so fast that I doubt it will come into play unless a long shot is tried. My first shot at a deer was 30 yds and the whack seemed to be right on top of the sound of the bow going off. I love the trigger.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

What arrow heads are you fellows using? Mine came with some NAP Killzone crossbow mechanical heads. The NAP heads are solid and accurate, but I would like to find a better head if one is available. I always shoot fixed blade heads with my vertical compound bow and I have always been a bit uneasy shooting the mechanical heads. I have been told that the mechanical heads shoot much better than fixed heads at these higher speeds.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:32 PM
Dominant Buck

I am using the rage hypodermic 100 grain mechanical. Flies just like the target points and leaves a 2" wound. My shot at 30 yds passed through the deer with a double lung shot. I think it is a good setup on a 400 gr arrow out of a Tenpoint Viper S400.,
Old 12-01-2020, 12:55 PM
Spike

I've been using NAP Killzones for around 7 years. Started using them when I bought my Ten Point Titan Xtreme and continue with my Viper S400. Harvested two deer this year with them, the buck fell in his tracks and the doe went 50 yards and crashed. I've had good success with them, and continue to use them. The only negative for me is that the early ones that I purchased were made in the USA, and they have since sent them over seas.