Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Crossbow for a 30 year Archery veteran . . .?? >

Crossbow for a 30 year Archery veteran . . .??

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow for a 30 year Archery veteran . . .??

Old 08-06-2019, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Please let us know how you like it once you've shot it a bit

Good luck on the lopes!

-Jake
Old 08-06-2019, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

word of advice, is BUY a second loading sled, and keep one in your pack or at least vehicle
as without them there almost impossible to load
My buddy drove up from out of state to hunt my place a few yrs back and forgot his at home, and was unable to find any shops that had any is stock, he ended up using my X bow to hunt LOL
so call ti food for though or at least being prepared !
Old 08-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Banned

This one has the ACUdraw PRO. Thought of getting an extra crank though.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dig4gold
This one has the ACUdraw PRO. Thought of getting an extra crank though.
OH OK, my bad, I didn;t look that close at it, I just knew some of them use special sleds for loading that don;t have a crank built in on them!
I'm a guy that tends to have spare parts all the time on things JUST in case, as my memory isn't getting any better as I get older!
I can have something in my hand and a few second later be looking for it, so, having extra 's tends to happen more out of mistake than need!
HOW I ended up with my first X bow was I drove 9 hours on an out of state hunt and forgot my BOW at home, LOL
so figured building a X bow would be a faster set up than a new compound bow,a s I wasn't driving home to go back and get my bow! Gas at the time was 4 bucks a gallon,
killed a nice buck with it on that hunt too, and been playing with X bows ever since!

A good case is nice to have, but harder to find for the reverse X bow, but can be worth the costs if you travel often with the bow!
Old 08-16-2019, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

IMO you don't have to spend $1000 to $2000 for a crossbow. I have a Centerpoint Sniper 370 that is plenty fast, very accurate and you can get one on sale for about $250. I've been using mine now for 2 years without a single hiccup. I liked it so much that I got one for my grandson and granddaughter.