Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ravin R-20

Old 03-27-2019, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ravin R-20

Bought this bow a month ago and I must say, it’s everything they say it is and more! Accurate and fast!

Last edited by RidgeFACTOR; 03-28-2019 at 03:01 AM. Reason: video
Old 03-28-2019, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on yer new crossbow
Old 03-29-2019, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Keep us informed on how well it holds up.
I had a hunter [before they changed the name to 10 point ] bought in the early 80's gave it to my hunting buddies wife because it was the only thing she could cock[ had the crank system] she is still using it only put string and cables on it. That is quality.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

More power to you my friend. I'm not sure if its the same model but I saw a Raven at Field & Stream and the price was over $2000! I don't care if it shot heat seeking bolts. There's no way I would ever pay that price for any bow. Either crossbow or vertical.
My CenterPoint Sniper gets the job done for me and kills a deer/bear just as dead. I surely don't plan on shooting over 50 yards at any critter either.
But now that my rant is over (and not aimed at you but at the industry) I hope you enjoy it and it fills your need.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

I have been priced out of the archery game

I went to look at new compounds a few months ago. To get similar to what I bought new 15 years ago for a couple hundred would cost me $1,700 today.

I decided my fifteen year old bow has been killing just fine

-jake
Old 04-04-2019, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I have been priced out of the archery game

I went to look at new compounds a few months ago. To get similar to what I bought new 15 years ago for a couple hundred would cost me $1,700 today.

I decided my fifteen year old bow has been killing just fine

-jake
Well I know you have a nice recurve you can use.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

I'm hoping to finally harvest a doe with that this year.

I've considered going entirely to the recurve. I enjoy shooting it more than the compound, and I don't use Archery season to fill the freezer anyway. just a hobby.

I think as the kids get older and start to bowhunt that I'll go entirely over to the recurve.

-Jake
Old 04-07-2019, 02:41 AM
Typical Buck

yeah some of the prices on new crossbows are insane. bought a wicked ridge cls system a few years back for under 500. list was 800 no way was i going to pay that. it's a great crossbow& accurate to 50 yrds . i did'nt even try any further than that. gets the job done . but jakes right they are starting to out price the common man
Old 04-07-2019, 06:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Problem is though is that people are still buying them. I wouldn't doubt that is how CenterPoint got into the business. Some marketing genius looked at the crossbows on the market today and said to the higher ups something like: "We can jump on this crossbow craze and make a quality crossbow for 1/3 of what these big names do and still make a profit." If so, he's probably a VP now.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a question for you, a friend of mine bought one of these and he is having a hard time finding a target block that will stop the bolts
the 3 he has now there either going all the way thru and or going in past his fetching at 30 yards on him
what are you using for a target if you don;t mind me asking and I'll relay info to him?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.