Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Need help!!!!! on choosing between 2 xbows >

Need help!!!!! on choosing between 2 xbows

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Need help!!!!! on choosing between 2 xbows

Old 02-18-2019, 12:43 AM
Spike

Default Need help!!!!! on choosing between 2 xbows

Hello,
I’m in the market for a Barnett crossbow. I can’t decide between the whitetail hunter pro str and the TS390. I have read all the specs and researched online for any kind of review between the two and there are none to be found? They both are beautiful xbows. I’m trying to find out why the ts390 is worth 100.00 more? Is it to pay for marketing and the sticker job or is there a legitimate reason for the 100.00 increase in price, considering the hunter pro str has quite a few better stats?
Any clarification you could give to shed some light on why the ts390 is more expensive, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 02-18-2019, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

I was going to move your thread in the whitetail section over to here, but I see you already started a thread

I've deleted the whitetail section thread per rule# 11.

You should get more answers in this section.

Good luck!
-Jake
Old 02-19-2019, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Xccal from what I've read there are a lot of dissatisfied customers with Barnett crossbows. Most say their quality sucks to put it bluntly. Now I'm not saying they're the best but for the money I don't think you can beat the Canter Point 370 Sniper. But don't take my word for it. Do some research on line and read reviews and watch some videos. I have one and I really like it. I got mine after my friend got one. After getting mine I sold my Excalibur.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:39 PM
Spike

Default Understood...

I have read the same but more often then not those issue were often years in the past. I’m looking to spend around 525 ish for the xbow. I’ve seen the whitetail hunter pro str for high 300’s and the TS390 for just over 500. I’m pretty dead set on one of those two, purchasing in the next week. My main concern is why the 100 price difference between the two? Considering the whitetail has better stats and the cabonite riser? Definitely leaning towards the ts390 but would be nice to hear a Barnett “expert” opinion....

Thanks for your sugestion, but I will be sticking to one of those two....
Old 02-19-2019, 08:42 PM
Spike

Default One more thing!!!

The step through riser is pretty cool!!!! Lol plus the overall look of both xbows is pretty sweet, especially the TS390.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

I wouldn,t own a Barnett if it was given to me.Poor product and the worst CS ever.For that money you could buy Bows with hundred times more quality and great CS.But it,s your cash and you do what you want.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
I wouldn,t own a Barnett if it was given to me.Poor product and the worst CS ever.For that money you could buy Bows with hundred times more quality and great CS.But it,s your cash and you do what you want.
I'm with you on this. I've read reviews and settled on the Centerpoint. My second choice would have been TenPoint. Looks don't make up for quality and I'm afraid that's what our friend here is worried about. I wish him luck. He is sure going to need it.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

I have the centerpoint 370 and really like it,my buddy has the killer instinct ripper 415 fast ,accurate narrow price about 345.00 that's what I would get.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would suggest going to a shop that carry's both and hold , handle and SHOOT both your looking at, and see what one's feels better to you
not really easy to say why one costs a 100 bucks more than another, as IMO there all WAY over priced!
so, to see if one is worth a 100 bucks more to YOU< is simply GO and hold handle and SHOOT them and see what YOU think
pay attention to some basic details, like, how balanced one is over another, how hard/easy to load, and then HOW one FITS YOU over the other
what features one maybe has you like better than another

as if I like X and you like Y
how would me saying one is better than another, if we like different things/(fit, balance and SOUND at a shot, there NOT all as quiet , some are louder, more sharp noise than others!
Old 03-28-2019, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Visit CBN & CT there are couple of very knowing members over there that will give you great advice on the Barnett crossbows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.