Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Carbon express x-force heritage recurve >

Carbon express x-force heritage recurve

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Carbon express x-force heritage recurve

Old 02-06-2019, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Carbon express x-force heritage recurve

There is a sale on these at Dunham's, you get a package including the crossbow for $199.99. They say the original price was $499.99. Is this a decent bow for a beginner to use for deer hunting? Thanks.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, Dunham's is running a three day sale now on the crossbow for $189.99. That seemed to be too good of a deal to pass up so I bought one. I have it put together now but will not shoot it for awhile. I know nothing about crossbows but it seems decent to me. The little that I can find on them seems to be good. It has a 200lb. draw weight and is supposed to deliver 305fps using a 20" bolt. It comes with four Piledriver bolts, cocking cord, restringing tool, quiver, scope, etc. I believe this is a discontinued model and stores are discounting to get rid of them.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a great deal.

Let us know how it shoots once you get it out.

-Jake
Old 02-25-2019, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Having this nice new crossbow I started looking around for a hard case for it. They are pricey($100 and more) and I am not sure the large Plano is big enough for it to fit in. I spotted a Flambeau 42" gun case at Wally World for $35. It's interior is 40"X12"X4". The CX Heritage has one bolt that holds the crossbow limbs and stirrup onto the front end of it. When I took that off I could get the crossbow into the gun case. I had to take out the original padding and make up some of my own to keep the two main parts from riding against each other, it is a close fit. I have not shot the bow yet but when I do get it sighted in I will take it apart and put it back together to see if that disturbs the "zero". I don't think it will because the parts are a snug fit, we will check to see though. At any rate I have a hard case for the crossbow and it cost $35 plus tax. I will carry it in the back of a pickup that has a bed cover and this will keep it from being banged up. I thought others might be interested in a cheap hard case.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your new bow. Before sighting it in I would remove the scope and put it back together using Loctite Blue, never use RED! Both mine and my daughters vibrated the scope loose the first year practicing with them. I missed one cleanly, luckily over its back because mine was loose and didn't know it.