Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Question for Crossbow Purchase >

Question for Crossbow Purchase

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Question for Crossbow Purchase

Old 02-19-2019, 08:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by jag-mag
I shoot a centerpoint 370, this crossbow is pretty fast,accurate and easy on the wallet I payed 240.00 with shipping, don't need a 1500-2000 dollar crossbow in my opinion.
I second the choice for the Sniper 370
Old 03-05-2019, 06:02 AM
Spike

#3 on the Sniper 370. I just received mine yesterday, and it appears to be really good. Am going to add in the trigger modification this weekend to reduce the creep and pull, which should make this thing fantastic for the price. Trigger mod is only about $80, so all in I spent less than $400, and got the crossbow, upgraded trigger and 6 bloodsport bolts. Not too bad!
Old 03-08-2019, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not going to recommend a model or Brand. I am going to put abit of info out to you. Safety always keep yer fingers/thumbs below the string line. It will take only once to give you a lesson you will never forget. Same thing of uncocking a crossbow n not removing an arrow with B-heads on it. Crossbows have some great features n not so great features if the model you bought does not do things you wish it would do. Weight you don't want a boat anchor neither do you need one as long as a short spear. I like mine to be able to uncock instead of always having to shoot it. How wide or narrow do you want the Riser n limbs to be. Comfort is the #1 priority for me. Don't be in a rush you have months before the Seasons open. Some like Compound style n some like Recurves, i like n use both
Old 04-09-2019, 02:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is a great subject. I am 59 and currently debating on getting a crossbow as well. I am thinking something around the $500 dollar range. So what do you feel is a decent crossbow in this price range?
Old 04-09-2019, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by jag-mag
I shoot a centerpoint 370, this crossbow is pretty fast,accurate and easy on the wallet I payed 240.00 with shipping, don't need a 1500-2000 dollar crossbow in my opinion.
Originally Posted by MichiganWhitetails74
Centerpoint Crossbows are the best kept secret on the market for PRICE, SPEED and Reliability.

I am not sure how many people are aware of centerpoint bows.

Read the reviews on Amazon and prices below $300

Centerpoint Sniper 370
Mercenary
Spectre

Are just a few... shooting in the 370 fps range with AR style stocks great for youth.
I have had a lot of the big guys, ten point, Excalibur, Parker,

Centerpoint is the fastest and best quality bow under $300. I don't think many customers are aware but people are starting to figure out that this bow with the name "Crosman" behind it....is no beebee gun......... Great Quality, like I said read the amazon reviews on the Sniper. Take Care! Just my opinion
Both my friend and I have the CenterPoint Sniper 370 and it is fast and accurate. We purchased them last summer and we each took our bucks with them this past archery season.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:16 AM
Spike

Well, thanks to all who replied.

I took the plunge yesterday and bought a Wicked Ridge Invader with the ACU 52 rope cocking system.

Cabelas had this one on sale went I went to look a few others that I had on my list. With a loyalty coupon and the 200 points I had built up I really didn't have to make too much of a cash outlay so if my crossbow hunting experience turns out to be a fizzle I'm not out much.

Haven't done anything today except to read the owners manual, wax the string, and lube the rail. Probably won't get to shoot until next week and a I may wait a bit longer and do a "double dip" as I have a new-to-me rifle coming in soon, a Marlin 336 in .35 Rem. Needless to say I am excited to get to the farm and poke some holes in some targets.

thanks again

Last edited by Olde NE Hunter; 04-19-2019 at 11:17 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 05-04-2019, 05:56 PM
Spike

Nice explanations. You are really helpful c:
Old 07-25-2019, 03:00 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Olde NE Hunter
Well, thanks to all who replied.

I took the plunge yesterday and bought a Wicked Ridge Invader with the ACU 52 rope cocking system.

Cabelas had this one on sale went I went to look a few others that I had on my list. With a loyalty coupon and the 200 points I had built up I really didn't have to make too much of a cash outlay so if my crossbow hunting experience turns out to be a fizzle I'm not out much.

Haven't done anything today except to read the owners manual, wax the string, and lube the rail. Probably won't get to shoot until next week and a I may wait a bit longer and do a "double dip" as I have a new-to-me rifle coming in soon, a Marlin 336 in .35 Rem. Needless to say I am excited to get to the farm and poke some holes in some targets.

thanks again
Congrats on purchase! How is it going? Any good shots to share with us?
They're fantastic crossbows. Great starter bows and for seasoned hunters - almost bought one myself for the wife but ended up getting a screaming deal on a Barnett Whitetail Hunter.
Also, not sure if the Invader model comes with silencers, but you'll likely want them.