Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Need a recommendation on a Parker crossbow. >

Need a recommendation on a Parker crossbow.

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Need a recommendation on a Parker crossbow.

Old 11-24-2018, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need a recommendation on a Parker crossbow.

I can get a really good deal on Parker cross bows through my work. Looking to get one that’s not gonna break the bank but will get me out during archery/cross bow season in Virginia. There’s a lot of models that Parker offers and looking at the pictures online, I can’t see the difference much between $1000 set up and a $500 set up.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

There really is not as much difference as some people, think the main problem with Parker is finding one with a decent trigger pull.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

I have a bottom of the line Parker x bow. I think it is called a "buckmaster" it is 150 lb draw. I paid $400 for it and shot it 3 times over the years I had it. The first opportunity I had, I shot a doe and I thought it was no challenge so I went back to my old 15 year old bow. After about 5 years in storage, I took it out last year and harvested a 8 pointer and dropped it ins tracks. This year I shot a 10 pointer with it and the deer only ran 30 years before it expired.

I think my bow is on the heavy side compared to my buddies' Parker Thunderhawk
Old 12-16-2018, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

difference's will be small, but may be worth the $$ to many, from shooting faster flatter to lighter weight and better fit/trigger, and narrower which for many is a BIIG deal
if you WORK where they can be shot, I would suggest taking some to the range and fire some and see what fits you best! and go from there!
they will ALL kill a deer
Old 12-19-2018, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unhappy

Thanks, but never mind. . .

Important Information From Parker Bows

Staunton, VA
Parker Bows has made the difficult decision to cease operations. We have explored what we believe to be all possible options to continue operations in one form or another but to no avail. It has truly been an honor to have been a part of your hunting seasons for over two decades. And it is hard to put into words what your loyalty and support has meant to us.Effective as of the date of this post (December 17, 2018), all Parker and Red Hot branded products sold will be without a warranty regardless of statements on the packaging or in owner’s manuals. We will make every effort to honor existing warranty claims for items received at our Staunton, Virginia headquarters on or before December 31, 2018. Before returning any item for warranty service, please call 540-337-5426 to speak with a customer service representative and obtain a Return Authorization Number. Items received after December 31, 2018 will be refused.As we wind down our operations, please check our website, social media pages, future emails and with your local dealer for special offers and announcements.