Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Rage shock collars >

Rage shock collars

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Rage shock collars

Old 10-29-2017, 07:14 AM
Spike

Default Rage shock collars

I'm shooting the Rage Hypodermic through my Barnett Ghost 385. I've been having a problem with the Rage blades opening in flight. I did find High Impact Shock Collars online & ordered some. Until they get here, I've discovered something else that works. I bought some heat shrink tubing, just large enough to slide over the shock collar. I cut off a small section of tubing, slid it onto my bolt, then attached & tuned my Hypodermic. Slid the shrink tube over the shock collar & applied moderate heat. It files great & will not open until it contacts your target. Hope this helps !!!

Lew
Old 10-30-2017, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Oh My ! pay big bucks and you have to fix it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

How are you aligning the collar? The blade should be in the middle of the petal of the shock collar.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:41 PM
Spike

Big bucks for real, that's a lot
Old 01-20-2018, 02:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

With what Rage broadheads cost I will be darned if I would be jury rigging them to fix a problem, they would be going back to the shop where I bought them.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
With what Rage broadheads cost I will be darned if I would be jury rigging them to fix a problem, they would be going back to the shop where I bought them.
I considered bringing this up in your crossbow thread but I didn't because I have no actual experience with it happening(or not happening) and can't be sure its not user error.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have only shot the target broad head so far but once I put the collar on the broad heads and screw on the shaft tightly I doubt the blades can open until it hits a target and crushes to collar causing the blades to deploy. If I were the op I would be in the shop that sold me the broad heads talking to them before I jury rigged my heads with shrink tubing.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:00 PM
Spike

so many comments ..
Old 01-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

so worthless a post!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I have only shot the target broad head so far but once I put the collar on the broad heads and screw on the shaft tightly I doubt the blades can open until it hits a target and crushes to collar causing the blades to deploy. If I were the op I would be in the shop that sold me the broad heads talking to them before I jury rigged my heads with shrink tubing.
I think Im just gonna stick with heads you screw on and shoot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.