HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   The Ravin????? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/415288-ravin.html)

rafsob 08-20-2017 05:37 AM

The Ravin?????

Anyone have one or shot one yet? I'm getting an itchy finger and may buy one soon.

Hatfield Hunter 08-21-2017 06:04 AM

I absolutely will not spend an arm and a leg when another more reasonablw xbow will kill an animal just as dead

c-rad 08-21-2017 10:36 AM

I would shoot it before you buy it for that kind of money. I would not go with what someone says on a forum

RWK 08-22-2017 07:43 AM

Were the hell do they come up with these prices!

TN Lone Wolf 08-24-2017 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by c-rad (Post 4314000)
I would shoot it before you buy it for that kind of money. I would not go with what someone says on a forum

X2

See if you can handle one first. It had better be everything you want in a crossbow for the money you're going to spend on it.

bubbinator 09-23-2017 09:50 PM

MSRP listed in one article in major Hunt/Fish mag was $2000!!!!! Always heard time was money but don't think 50FPS is worth 2K.

GOOD OLE BOY 10-25-2017 03:57 PM

The warranty isn,t long enough and you have to use their bolts exclusively.I hear they are goin for $1500.00.They might not stay in business long and then you would have one expensive wall hangar.

Alwayne22 01-19-2018 04:42 PM

You should buy one, bet you'll love it

GOOD OLE BOY 01-21-2018 11:39 AM

There are a lot of other options to satisfy that itch.

rafsob 01-22-2018 01:14 PM

This would be an itch!!! I have two bows now, Horton 175 and a Carbon Express. and I love them both. Have taken loads of deer with the Horton even though that company doesn't exist anymore. bought the carbon Express as a back up.

rockport 01-22-2018 08:43 PM

I think if I was in that market I'd be looking at the new tenpoints

Bocajnala 01-22-2018 08:44 PM

A good hunting buddy has shot one. Very impressive.

As for everyone saying their bow will kill a deer "just as dead"...

Yes, and no..... I've killed plenty of deer with my 15+ year old crossbow. And I'll continue to kill deer with it when I choose to take it out. But it won't do what a Ravin will do. Not even close.

IMO the ravin is really TOO much of a good thing. I'll never shoot deer at the range these things are able to accurately shoot at.

-Jake

rockport 01-22-2018 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 4326681)
A good hunting buddy has shot one. Very impressive.

As for everyone saying their bow will kill a deer "just as dead"...

Yes, and no..... I've killed plenty of deer with my 15+ year old crossbow. And I'll continue to kill deer with it when I choose to take it out. But it won't do what a Ravin will do. Not even close.

IMO the ravin is really TOO much of a good thing. I'll never shoot deer at the range these things are able to accurately shoot at.

-Jake

I wish they would focus more on shootability at this point. I'd rather they make them smoother and quieter rather than faster.

My crossbow shoots 380fps, could not really be more accurate within reasonable hunting range, is pretty compact and cost $400

I could no doubt kill a deer at 100 yards if it would stand still but I keep it 50 or less because I think any more than that there is just to much that could go wrong with any crossbow.

Centerpoint makes a really good shooting 370fps crossbow for like $250. If you are looking to get into something really good for the money check them out. Centerpoint sniper 370..It just cannot be beat for the money.

Central PA Sportsman 01-23-2018 03:42 AM

Will be at the "Great American Outdoor Show" in Harrisburg in a few weeks and hope to try out a few different bows so that I have a better idea of where I plan on spending my $'s. A friend has the "CenterPoint Sniper" and it just seems to good to be true, would love to shoot both it and the "Ravin" side by side to justify the huge cost difference, can't believe it would be worth it. To each his own, if you earned the money, you can spend it as you wish. They all seem to kill, and dead is dead. Remember shot placement and practice, practice, practice.

rafsob 01-23-2018 05:56 AM

I’ve shot at deer at 25 yds and they jumped the string. I would not think of wasting an arrow trying to kill a deer at 100 yds!!! The deer would be long gone.

GOOD OLE BOY 01-28-2018 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Central PA Sportsman (Post 4326693)
Will be at the "Great American Outdoor Show" in Harrisburg in a few weeks and hope to try out a few different bows so that I have a better idea of where I plan on spending my $'s. A friend has the "CenterPoint Sniper" and it just seems to good to be true, would love to shoot both it and the "Ravin" side by side to justify the huge cost difference, can't believe it would be worth it. To each his own, if you earned the money, you can spend it as you wish. They all seem to kill, and dead is dead. Remember shot placement and practice, practice, practice.

I have read some threads about poor CS with CenterPoint lately.Remember they are Chinese.I can call Parker with a issue and they will take care of it pronto.

rockport 01-28-2018 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY (Post 4327187)
I have read some threads about poor CS with CenterPoint lately.Remember they are Chinese.I can call Parker with a issue and they will take care of it pronto.

Oh if you buy a centerpoint I certainly wouldn't expect customer service to be on par with some of the U.S. companies like parker for sure but they are for sure really good value and good shooting crossbows for the money.

Be a good one to buy if you wanted to give crossbow hunting a try then maybe upgrade later. I expect crossbow technology to really take off over the next few years.