Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Horton Storm RDX Custom Rail Mount Foregrip Project >

Horton Storm RDX Custom Rail Mount Foregrip Project

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton Storm RDX Custom Rail Mount Foregrip Project

Old 10-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Spike

Default Horton Storm RDX Custom Rail Mount Foregrip Project

Hi, new to the forum, just wanted to share my customization of the Horton Storm RDX. I used a 12" aluminum Picatinny rail and a drill press to make holes in the rail to match those in the Storm. Was gonna wait til I had this project completed to post, but it seems the waiting list is pretty long every where I checked to get the foregrip dipped to match the stock, and I'm waiting on a few parts that should really work well on the rear stock. Love the foregrip, feels like custom.

Planning on doing a review of the intelliscope, the Seek Thermal XR, and demonstrating how to scout game via quadcopter all in one video, with all of it being done from the screen of the smartphone.

https://inteliscopes.com/

Some of these drones can reach Formula 1 racing speeds and can cover a LOT of territory quickly, making them ideal for scouting game. With a little soldering skills, one can build their own quad very similar to the fast one in the bottom video for around $100 and get a decent transmitter for around $50.

TS

Last edited by TechStuf; 10-12-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW , what folks will make?
adding a Thermal XR, scope, just seems like a poaching rig to me ? LOL
But hey, if its legal for you, have at it?

but I am not that tech needed to hunt and kill things, I like using skill and experience to test my ability's to harvest things?
Old 10-12-2016, 10:28 PM
Spike

I hear ya, my other bow's a recurve and spot and stalk is still one of my favorite ways to hunt. I like to cover both ends of the spectrum to widen my perspective is all. Well, that and the fact that back and shoulder issues have nudged me toward the xbow. And when you throw in the die off of the majority of my state's whitetail population due to chronic wasting disease....well, it makes the sight of deer in the camera a welcome occurrence.

Some used falcons back in the day, but mine's easier to train. lol

I may get to use a quadcopter to find 'em, but still gots to go and harvest 'em myself. Lots of guys use trail cams. Mine just moves a bit is all.

Besides, I draw the line at swooping down with the quad itself, and grabbing a buck on the run and flying him back to the barbeque....

Though, I suppose that is a possible future for somebody.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

there might be some laws about using a drone to find and then hunt game
here in PA< as far as I know its illegal to use electronics to hunt deer, and that would include a drone, and also includes Cell phone to direct folks to game?
SO< watch your steps, as ??
IR scopes in PA are also illegal to hunt with
and imagine many other states are the same
Old 10-13-2016, 11:48 AM
Spike

Thanks for the heads up. I am all about doing it the right way.

TS
Old 08-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Spike

I like your crossbow, Should I buy CenterPoint Sniper 370 ? best for crossbow under 300

Last edited by daniel14121976; 08-19-2017 at 06:12 PM.