Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Target suggestions? >

Target suggestions?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Target suggestions?

Old 07-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by takem23
Tough to get the best of both worlds so I'm getting two targets. I ended up getting a bag target for field points. It's nice pulling them out with 2 fingers. I think I'll get another target just for broad heads later. During the season I usually shoot just broad heads.
Rinehart 18-1..........
Old 07-22-2016, 09:51 PM
Spike

The first target I bought was too small, missed it and lost arrow(-$30). Next was bigger but foam(bolts went too deep, messed up fletching(-$25.) Looked at BPS -saw lots of bigger XBow targets(+100.!) I was passing a Rent-A-Center and saw a 55" TV box behind the store, got it and then went to Harbor Freight-their dumpster was chock full of cheap Chinese boxes. Filled up the TV Box with Chinese boxes folded flat. Got a BIG backstop that nothing passes thru(Free), bolts don't go too deep even on 360fps broadheads and if I miss that-Shame on me. I need to hunt with a shotgun! Can use original target. Grasp bolt firmly and tap box with rubber mallet-they come right out.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wingbone
For field points, I use a feed bag stuffed tight full of rags. Horizontal, about the same size as a deer's body. Stops everything. 2 finger withdrawal.
Same here... best $1 I have invested in. (I use 2 feedbacks since they will hold up forever.

....and yea... they only penetrate a few inches and can be pulled out with 2 fingers easily.

I shoot an Excalibur Vortex, Flemish String, and weight forward arrows/bolts. So the feed bags work super...