Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

crossbow scopes

Old 12-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by craig
Have you used any of the Trijicon scopes Bugs? Impressions, pro or con you'd care to offer?

I've not used the Trijicon line, for gun or crossbow. I like how compact & light they are, but a 1K scope is something I'd buy only if I were positive it was real ideal for my needs.

I'd forgotten about Trijicon. So another possible option.
I have used , and liked, the Trij Accupoint rifle scopes. The glass is quite good (Leupy VX3 or Zeiss Conquest comparable) and the battery-less illumination works great. I had the green triangle reticle which was great in dark environments. I have not used their crossbow scope.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

you might want to check out the scopes that come with the excalibur crossbows...its a fixed 4x and you has 3 preset crosshairs. You adjust the eyepiece to match the fps of your bolt and it dials in the crosshairs for you. It seems to be of pretty good quality, i think new they are over $200 but ive seen them used on ebay for under 50.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

There is a new crossbow scope coming out from Zeiss soon.

It's a 2-7X32mm scope that has numerous aim point marks. The reticule is set up for a 20 yd sight in with 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 yds marked next to the corresponding +, there are also dots between the + type aim points. From a drawing of the reticule I saw it looks like the + are streched out as ranges get longer. Idea is that the tips of the + are also 2.5 increment aim points. So this scope is going to have aim points out to 75 yds, which is waaayy past what I & most would shoot at game.

Based on it's magnification range & objective lens size, it's a Zeiss version of the Crossbones scope. You'd just have to look through both to decide which you prefer.

If you've not purchased yet I'd say wait a bit more and see what the ATA show brings.

Good luck,
Old 10-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

just bought a hawke from wyvern creations, super nice scope for the money
Old 11-13-2015, 11:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by craig
If you've not purchased yet I'd say wait a bit more and see what the ATA show brings.
Good luck,
Good advice. I was in a simlar situation recently - confused by all the various brands and models out there. I recommend researching what makes a good scope, but make sure you know your budget and define what you need within that. Otherwise you're gonna end up more confused that when you started

Good luck!
Old 07-24-2016, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

old post but here goes..Watch for leupold crossbones used under 200 bucks .the warranty covers used scopes..Hawke30 is highly rec,so is nikon but luepold is no.1 .

i have excal Tact Zone ...
Old 08-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just used the Vari-Zone my Excal came with... works great for me...
Old 08-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used many different scopes designed for crossbow over the last 24 years Nikon and Excalibur are very good and hold "0" well. I just bought a Parker Hurricane with a center point Parker scope on it The Hurricane is excellent with a 430 grain arrow I am clocking 370 FPS, the center point scope gave me some trouble. There is a screw underneath the front of the scope that is touchy and if it loosens up you instantly loose "0" and shoot a very large group. This is not to knock the scope but to identify the problem for anyone who has it, THE FIX I figured out is blue lock tight I adjusted the screw until it was tight enough to hold "0" but loose enough to allow the back height adjustment to work then marked so I could find the setting back then took it back apart and lock tight it with blue lock tight. I have been shooting it for a weak since the repair and by trying to shoot more than one arrow have demolished several its a nail driver when it is right.
PS. I usually just view but I thought this info might help someone.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

My tact zone scope is ok but it is not like better scopes..Leupold crossbones,nikon,hawke are 3 that almost all that know scopes rec...If you are shooting past 40 yards get better scopes ....
Old 08-27-2016, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Just put the nikon XR scope on mine with the BDC recticle. I'm hitting good out to 40 yards with mine.... that's as far as I tried shooting with it as I have no plans of going any farther.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.