HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Got my first buck with stealth ss (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/394721-got-my-first-buck-stealth-ss.html)

bravo2 10-06-2014 12:11 AM

Got my first buck with stealth ss

Got my first buck with stealth ss Saturday after sending scope off for replacement. I had gotten scope back Friday and sighted xbow in just in time for my weekend off and Saturday was first time I got to hunt. Spitfire did not perform like I would like it to. I may have hit bone maybe why no pass through. The shot was under 15 yards but it ran off around 130 yards and stopped. Shot went tad high middle and little back. I figured it would go high little bit since zeroed at 20 yards. 2 blades were forward one closed and other pretty well closed and third was partial back. When I put them they were very tight, hard to open and close so maybe why. I got some swackers I have not tried. I thought of trying something else. Ideas?

Here is pics. Not sure of age of the deer? Tines has dark brown on the back sides with lots of white pointed spots on the tines.

bugsNbows 10-06-2014 07:39 AM

Great freezer fare there. Congrats. Looks like an explosion in a blood factory! Regarding X-bow BH's, I'm using RamCats and they do indeed fly / land exactly like my field points.

redmag 10-06-2014 12:30 PM

I just use the plain old NAP Thunderheads and I have had no problems with my Excalibur. Killed several with it last year, all good shots and I usually see them fall.

bravo2 10-08-2014 09:43 PM

I like to try ramcats and toxic.

rafsob 10-18-2014 08:10 AM

I hate mechanical BH's. As you stated, yours didn't work right. I have used three bladed Muzzy BH and they have never failed.

grinder67 10-18-2014 09:23 AM

I guess i am missing something . If the broadhead didn't open how did that giant hole get in its side?

rafsob 10-18-2014 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by grinder67 (Post 4164761)
I guess i am missing something . If the broadhead didn't open how did that giant hole get in its side?

He said that two of the three blades opened!

grinder67 10-18-2014 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by rafsob (Post 4164769)
He said that two of the three blades opened!

Re-read his post and he didnt say two of the three opened!! They obviously opened due to the damage in the photo. My confusion is, what else was the broadhead suppose to do beyond the 6inch hole it cut in the side on an apparent hard quartering shot!?!

rafsob 10-18-2014 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by bravo2 (Post 4162604)
. 2 blades were forward one closed and other pretty well closed and third was partial back.

This BH only has 3 blades!!!!!!!!!

Plus the arrow was sticking out of the deers body. This is likely the reason for the damage. I hope you are more alert in the woods!!!

grinder67 10-18-2014 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by rafsob (Post 4164775)
This BH only has 3 blades!!!!!!!!!

Plus the arrow was sticking out of the deers body. This is likely the reason for the damage. I hope you are more alert in the woods!!!

Really! The shaft cut all that hide and meat? LOL! You are funny! Glad I have alert people like you to educate slow folks like me.:poke: