Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
crossbow preference >

crossbow preference

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

crossbow preference

Old 07-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default crossbow preference

I've decided to enter into the world of crossbows, since NY finally passed a reasonable law for their use. I'm hoping for feedback from more than a few of you.

I've pretty much settled on { but not unequivocally } purchasing a Parker Enforcer. Any reviews/suggestions out there would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Since you have made you choice , why are you asking for opinions?? It's a bit late for that!
You'll find out before too long if you made a mistake.

Last edited by OneBear; 07-13-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:00 AM
Typical Buck

A lot of great xbows out there. I just went through 3 months of research before buying my first crossbow. The 2 brands that stood out to me: compound - TenPoint, recurve - Excalibur. Both offer great products, great warranty and customer service. BTW, I went with a TenPoint. It's built like a tank, more accurate than me and the piece of mind knowing that it's backed by the best customer service in the business was worth the extra $s.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=crokit;4148656]

I've pretty much settled on { but not unequivocly]} purchasing a Parker Enforcer.

As I stated in my earlier post, not 100% settled on Parker. Anyone own one and how they like it would be appreciated.

Thanks wayspar.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd recommend you check out CAMX before you purchase.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

I really like my Excalibur Phoenix I get 300 fps on a light bow. I can change my own string. You don't need a bow vice it is very strong. I also like being able to take the tension of the limbs in the off season. I have had it for 5 years and I am completely
satisified with it.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

I just love my Stryker 380, have since 2011 it does the job plus at that time the best trigger around. The full metal jacket arrows are also very potent.
daddus
Old 07-17-2014, 05:55 PM
Spike

When I was shopping, the Parker was one that interested me. It felt good, which is important. Research led me to decide on an Excalibur. They are wider (except the new Matrix line) louder, and lack "sex appeal" being old school. they are also light, accurate, easy to work on, and very well built with a great warrenty. Parker has had some limb problems over the years, and that also played into my decision.

Whatever you buy, enjoy the word of crossbow shooting. It is fun.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Spike

I just pulled the trigger on a new crossbow. After months of researching I chose the excalibur matrix 405 mega. I love the simple design, no wheels,cams, or pulleys to get out of alignment and i can change the string myself without fancy equipment. They say excal has great customer support but hopefully I'll never have to find out. Had I not went with excalibur, Tenpoint was my next choice. The main reason i chose the excalibur was I talked with 2 bow shops and both said they never had an excalibur brought in for any sort of problems. hope this helps but they are several good companies that make great crossbows so it's really up to you and what best fits you.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:06 PM
Spike

I would like to add to my post above that I bought my excalibur from Wyvern Creations and it was really nice doing business with David.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.