Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Best Ground Blinds for Crossbow hunting >

Best Ground Blinds for Crossbow hunting

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Best Ground Blinds for Crossbow hunting

Old 06-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Spike

Default Best Ground Blinds for Crossbow hunting

I will be buying ground blind shortly to use crossbow hunting. I am looking at the Ameristep Bone Collector. Which blinds are your favorites ?
Old 06-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

I've been use Double Bull Blinds for several years They are not cheap but extremely well made and very durable I tired the cheaper ones and found that Double Bulls are well worth the extra money. They last forever! They are now made and sold by Primos
Like everything else, you get what you pay for. I hunt close to 90+ days during deer season and I have never had a single issue with these blinds. A couple of them are 6yrs old and still as good as new. Rain, wind, heavy snow, the hold up extremely well.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:01 AM
Spike

I usually hunt from a treestand however I too am looking for a ground blind.

I have been looking at them for a while. I just wish all manufacturing companies for hunting gear would stop with the Velcro !!!!
ground blinds, gloves, wrist straps on some jackets.

If I wanted to make noise in the woods I'd bring along my Stereo!!!!
Old 07-06-2014, 12:39 PM
Spike

I've got the Ameristep Bone Collector Blind & like it. It's got a real heavy duty zipper on the door & has plenty of room for a chair & extra gear. Took a 8 pt buck at 15 yds last fall, & a 24 lb turkey this spring from 40 yds. The negatives are the velcro window netting, which I took off immediately, & don't use. This week I replaced the elastic to hold the window flaps closed. I bought some 1" buttons & 3" rubber bands. Works good now. I haven't looked at what else is on the market now but this one is a lot better than my buddy's doghouse blind. Heavier fabric & built better.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Hot Tamale, I have to agree. Velcro is a great invention but not on my hunting gear. You would think that these companies would have figured this out years ago. Why not a magnetic strip or a button and elastic strap as stated by UNCLE HARLEY.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:54 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

One word BIG!
Old 07-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Spike

I forgot to mention I replaced the cheesy ground stakes, looks like heavy wire, that comes with the Ameristep. I used 3/8" rebar & bent them over in a vise. I hunt fairly loose soil so I need something that will go in 10-12" & stay put in wind.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

i picked up a new ground blind recently called the hunters den...its very light and attaches to the tree, cant wait to see if it works as well as it seems like it would
Old 07-09-2014, 03:37 AM
Spike

I just received my Bone Collector blind. Large enough for two people to sit in, I like the cloth it is made of, the ground "stakes" are made of wire - I'll use heavy tent stakes instead, pops up and folds down with ease, and fits nicely back into the carrying bag. Thanks for all the comments !!
Old 07-07-2017, 09:12 AM
Spike

Can you give me some suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.