HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Bowtech now owns Excalibur (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/388692-bowtech-now-owns-excalibur.html)

wheelie 01-06-2014 08:23 AM

Bowtech now owns Excalibur

Shocking news! Bowtech bought Excalibur. We will have to see where this goes.

Cossack 01-06-2014 09:59 AM

All good things seeming must end. Company know for superior customer service and durable products absorbed by one that's know for just the obverse. Oh well, won't be buying an Excal any time soon.

Mojotex 01-06-2014 04:59 PM

Wonder if that had anything to do with Excaliber leadership buying out Horton?

sbgrace 01-06-2014 05:03 PM

Ten Point bought out most of Horton's assets.

Mojotex 01-06-2014 06:39 PM

You are so right. I had a brain fa@t. It was Ten Point folks that i read about and not not Excaliber !!

sbgrace 01-07-2014 07:00 PM

ATK owns bowtech and bought excalibur,they own several sporting good brands.May not be a bad thing,they have other popular brands already that you are probably using,savage federal cci weaver etc.

Bugflipper 01-08-2014 03:41 AM

I don't see any good coming from it. ATK has ruined some of the scope companies they bought out. They went to a cheaper country for manufacturing. They won't honor the lifetime warranties in many cases. They also just started rebranding several of them and lost their butt by doing so. Nitrex and weaver scopes are an example. Another example is the savage 200. The 110 was renowned for accuracy, not hear very much about their cheapened down 200 after ATK. Heck 110s were already cheap, so I sure didn't understand that move.

As I have read it Bowtech is going to keep a senior role in excaliburs manufacture though. It's been billed as a wonderful venture with the ability to combine technologies. On a positive side the 3 top people at excal are staying so that's a bonus. What concerns me is 10 or 20 years down the road when they aren't there. Or how long will it take for them to start getting their hands slapped for running the business the way they always have with the customer being first. Excal warranty states lifetime to the original purchaser. There are no serial numbers on excal crossbows. Anyone who sends one in gets it repaired. Now that is a good company looking after the consumer, Yet that's not how companies generally operate. I have an archery shop and used to carry bowtech. Had to drop them rather quickly as I didn't like the run around they pulled when trying to get them to honor defective products. If a company wont stand behind their product and i sell it, I am the one who comes out looking like a turd.

On a personal note I am a huge fan of excals and recommend them to folks who want a good accurate crossbow. As long as their quality stays up and their customer care stay where they currently are I will carry them. Doubting that will be long with bowtech getting involved though.

smokepolehall 01-10-2014 08:16 AM

ATK does not own Barftech, NEP from Mn. does! So i am full of hope barftech doesn't start their BS involvin Excal ! Barftech makes bile flow from my stomach! I am afraid barftechwill ruin Excals hard work of many yrs

KingArthur 01-10-2014 10:57 AM

it is good time to inspect your Excalibur from top to bottom
.Better to take care of any problems that may have developed over the past hunting season.
It is best to make sure if you have any warranty issues that you deal with them now .
Stated on one of the threads on the Excalibur site the person at Excalibur responsible for CS stated they are reorganizationing their customer service warranty policies in the near future.
Considering how good they have been to date raises questions where things may be headed.
Plus to release information like this inadvance makes me wonder if its a heads up for all excalibur crossbow owners to get things taken care of before then.
Usually when changes of this type are implemented without notice so to mention it before hand makes me wonder why.????

With new owners things may not be the status quo.
The atmosphere and posts I have read suggests that the Bowtech Customers Services standards /policies may not be to same standards as we have come to expect and know from Excalibur.
*Better to error on the side of caution before the dust settles and Bowtech execises their authority.*

mju6559 08-01-2014 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mojotex (Post 4114021)
Wonder if that had anything to do with Excaliber leadership buying out Horton?

PS Excalibur didn't buy out Horton - Ten Point did.