Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
carbon express cx2 >

carbon express cx2

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

carbon express cx2

Old 12-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Spike

Default carbon express cx2

Does anyone having a cx2 have problems with the quiver bracket breaking every time you shot the bow??? I contacted cust.serv. and they senty me 3 quiver mounting brackets only to have them break every time I shoot 1 arrow. The last time they said you cant shoot with the quiver mounted, it is only used to carry arrows and you must take it off when your ready to shoot the bow...... any cx2 owners please reply
Old 12-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Spike

I do not have any problems with my SLS. Not sure if its the same quiver or not but I have shot mine over 75 times since getting last week and all is find. Think I might check for stress cracks now.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Spike

They have an updated mount for the xbows, but the original broke and 2 new models also broke with 1 shot..... Just trying to find out if its a problem with all or only mine. I have a Barnett and I can shoot with it on no problem,,,
Old 01-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Spike

I haven't shot with mine attached , but I will this week now that you have brought up this issue and will report back.
I can say that I have been dialing this in and I'm impressed!! 40 yard 1" groups. I'll be continuing to trial and test different things. Currently using 125gr heads with the maxima hunter arrows. I'm waiting on the Camx lumenoc arrows I've ordered to come in and then I will have a better idea. Others here shooting 100gr or 125? What arrow and head are you using? It seems most are using 100gr but I keep hearing pockets of people using 125gr with good accuracy results.
C'mon CX2 owners, let me hear what your set up is and the shooting results.

Paul
Old 01-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Spike

I used 125 mechanical spitfires and got my 8 pointer. I really didn`t shoot much as I can`t seem to stop the bolts. I would rather 3 blade fixed but when the weather breaks I will try a few of them.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Spike

I have also been using the NAP 125gr spitfire. Excellent results but it does not do well once it meets the ground. Bent the tip of the broadhead every time. Great wound channels though. 30 yards max from both deer and hog last week.
Attached Thumbnails carbon express cx2-entry-hog-2014-napspitfire.jpg   carbon express cx2-exit-hog2014-napspitfire.jpg   carbon express cx2-hog-down2014.jpg