Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
barnett vengeance >

barnett vengeance

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

barnett vengeance

Old 10-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OneBear
I strongly suggest you make a phone call to David at Wyvern Creations 603-659-0575 It will be the best phone call you can make David will give you the best truthful information and help you make the right choice, within your budget. He will answer all your questions with no allegiance to any particular manufacturer

There are far better crossbows for the same or less money than a POS Barnett.
Excellent advise. When I was unsure on which of two crossbows to buy he spent 20 minutes talking to me. He also has very competitive prices. Ended up with a Parker Enforcer for my first. Absolutely love it. Now I just have to find the deer to introduce it to.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

My nephew has one and brought it over last night so i could shoot it, here are my thoughts on it.
Likes-
Very well balanced
Fast
Very very quiet( I would compare it to most compound bows)
Accurate- atleast out to thirty yards, that was as far as i shot it
but 20 and 30 yrds nice!
Dislikes-
Price- I guess when it comes to this im old school cause I will never
pay that much for something to shoot a deer when my normal
bow or my ML will do just fine
Scope- Junk and will fail in the near future(IMHO)
Crank cocker-JUNK has already failed
Reliability- Not sure but time will tell, he's only had it for 3 months
Old 10-31-2013, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one and it's fine. Quiet, stable, balanced, reliable. I've had no issues.

My only complaints are the weight...even though it's balanced it's heavy after a long walk to/from the treestand.

Also, the cranking device, IMO, is set too low on the stock. Seems to put alot of unnecessary downward pressure on the sting while cocking with the crank.

I should note that I only bought the cranking device to cock the crossbow from the tree if needed. Thus far, I've not needed it. I use the rope to cock it before entering the tree. At 140lb draw weight it is relatively easy to cock.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Spike

I have a Barnett Predator and it's an AWESOME weapon. 175 pounds of pure accurate power. 60 yard shot dead center is a breeze. Do yourself a favor, once you get your scope sighted in print out a label on your computer with the 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 yard scope positions and stick it on the gun. On mine the first cross hair is 20 yards, 2nd is 40 yards, dead between them is 30 yards. Same holds true for the longer distances. Also, after you choose your bolts be sure that the pressure bar is putting on the bolt to insure accuracy shot after shot.

You can pick up a predator for about 550 bucks. If you're new to the sport remember to buy some rail lube and keep the rail slick......lot's of pressure on these bows.
Attached Thumbnails barnett vengeance-150lbdoe2013.jpg