Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
New to crossbows >

New to crossbows

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New to crossbows

Old 09-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Spike

Default New to crossbows

Hello everyone, I am new to cross bows, I've just picked up a Burrnet Wicked Warrior HL with Carbon fiber arrows, and I'll be getting some arrow heads soon.

Anyway's I am on a budget and I am wondering what is the best head for bucks and does?
Attached Thumbnails New to crossbows-1235323_10202062112903510_1270145175_n.jpg  
Old 09-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I don't have any recommendations for you... but you're acquiring gear pretty fast it looks like.

Welcome to the sport of hunting! Lol.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Spike

Thanks man, I had pretty much everything else, I've decided to switch from Rifles to Crossbows. It's a better choice for me then if I stuck with rifles.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Spike

That there looks like a wicked ridge warrior hl, a tenpoint product to Me. Not a Barnett. Nice xbow! Anyhow, I like grim reapers and for fixed blade I like the g5 montec cs. Unfortunately few wma's down here let you use a xbow for archery, so I only use mine on private property and its Hogs that I see there.

Last edited by DirtyGator; 09-17-2013 at 03:30 PM. Reason: complete response
Old 09-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Must be really new because there is no such maker as "Burnett". The closest to that is "Barnett" and they have no model referred to as "Wicked Warrior HL" or any model name even remotely close to that ... and the nearest to that model name is a Wicked Ridge product.

Be that as it may ... 125 gr., Montec G5's. Simple, fly great and is a deadly "head for for both bucks and does" ... !?!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Spike

Thanks guys, I am sorry for the mis id there, I am very very new to Xbows, A buddy of mine is teaching me how to how to use them and how to hunt.

And yes it is is a wicked ridge warrior hl from tenpoint, Please forgive me!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try Slick Tricks Standard or Magnum. One tough, accurate, great terminal performance broadhead. Don;t know enough about your arrows but considering bow alone I'd go with 100 grns Best luck.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:02 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Cossack
Try Slick Tricks Standard or Magnum. One tough, accurate, great terminal performance broadhead. Don;t know enough about your arrows but considering bow alone I'd go with 100 grns Best luck.
Thank you sir, I will remember that, I've been looking arund and they look to be the best for the price.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you have a buddy that uses a 125 gr. broadhead, may want to give them a try as well as a 100 gr. Sometimes the additional 25 gr. results in better groups. The loss of velocity compared to a 100 gr. is minimal over typical field shooting conditions (out to 40-50 yards) and the extra weight can result in better penetration. I have used the 125 gr. G5's for 5 years with superb results on deer and feral hogs.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Spike

Thanks all, I just picked up some practice heads so I can practice and dial in the scope.

It will be a great season, I've got some major deer siting's now near my blind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.