Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Shakey when shooting crossbow >

Shakey when shooting crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Shakey when shooting crossbow

Old 09-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Spike

The floating pin mentioned above is a large step in improving your accuracy, focusing on holding your cross hairs on target I think inadvertently causes you to tense up and make things worse. arms get tired and all. One trick I learned with a poorly balanced crossbow is to hold it like R. Lee Ermey holds a long rifle, kinda hard to describe and I cant find a picture, but your support arm is the one that changes instead of holding your finger tips away from your shoulder, you fold your hand back to your shoulder and let your wrist support the weight and tuck your elbow in to aid in supporting the weight, Its not comfortable at first, but after a little practice Your offhand shots will improve. I'm certain there is a name for this, somebody will most likely chime in with it and maybe a pic.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Spike

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-t...-position.htmlHeres what Im talking about. Hope it helps.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Spike

Try using a shooting stick or better a steady Eddy http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/sho...Monopod+System
Old 09-10-2013, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Horton Knee Pod great for shooting from a sitting position. Light, inexpensive and effective...get it, if you can find one.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Fork Horn

If you are going to change bows anyway, I"d suggest you take a long look into a reverse draw type bow. Unlike the T type bow designs the reverse draw bows have the balance between the hands, this is far easier to hold steady.

But even the reverse draw types need practice to shoot really well from free hand standing position. LIke others have said, a Steady Eddie, or mono pod/bi-pod is real help if the reverse draw does not do it for you.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:13 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by chevyhuntingredneck
Every time i go to shoot crossbow or gun i get real shakey ,my buddy is same way.what we can we do to fix this issue?
yea all the time when I hunt my crossbow all was shakes. but the thing I hate most is wen there is dilate and you cant see through the scope.