Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Best crossbows

Old 04-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

buy a Striker 380- Best Bow for the money period. You can use one pin from 0-45 yards. I was practicingat 105 yards this year- just for fun. Its actually my wifes bow. She can pull it back, its quiet, low price, great accessory are included, and etc. If a company makes a good bow, you shouldnt be worried about customer service- You will not have any problems if you use it correctly and take care of it
Old 04-14-2013, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ky Bob
I also have the SZ380 which is made by Bowtech and it's a awesome crossbow that is very light, deadly accurate and has the best trigger I've ever seen. I also have a Tenpoint Titan and they have been around for years and have one of the best customer service of them all. I do like the Tenpoint but it is really heavy compared to the SZ380 and the trigger has a lot of creep so I do all my hunting with my SZ and keep the Titan as a backup.
Can't find anywhere, the SZ380 that you were talking about. Do u have any advise where to look?
Old 04-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by VTBoneCollector
Can't find anywhere, the SZ380 that you were talking about. Do u have any advise where to look?

http://www.wyverncreations.com/index...b9ac50cb137786
Old 05-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

I watched a youtube video on the Scorpyd crossbows and they look like a very nice bow but if your looking for something affordable, they aint cheap. $1200 with no accessories.
True, they are not cheap bows.

But they are as good as it gets in Xbows right now.

Add a good or best grade scope and you'd have a very hard combo to match.

Top of the line stuff always seems to cost a bit more than we'd like.....
Old 05-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Darton,great crossbow and the customer service is the best.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Spike

1st bow is a Ten Point Phantom CLS, just received my second bow from David at WYVERN, the new Ten Point "Vapor". Really great c-bows, both have cranks. Like big rockpile said, "Made In the USA"
Old 05-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

I'm also looking into buying a crossbow that is quite and $700 or less. Any info would be great. I was thinking about a reverse limb crossbow because I heard that they are the quietest. Is there any truth to that?
To be fair you have to compare apples to apples.

Given two compound bows, one traditional "T" type & the other a reverse draw bow, both with arrows of same weight & speed.

Then the reverse draw bow will be a good bit lower noise. This is due to the fact the reverse draw bow needs lower draw weight with it's longer draw length.

Along with the Horton reverse draw bows you could also try to find a Scorpyd used within your price range.