Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
New York State back to square one... >

New York State back to square one...

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New York State back to square one...

Old 01-18-2013, 03:44 AM
Spike

I just received word that Senator Gallivan's bill number is S1699. This is the companion bill to A283 submitted by Assemblyman Ryan.

These bills are the same bills that were in the Senate and assembly in the last session. Please let you local representatives know you support these bills.
http://open.nysenate.../bill/A283-2013
Old 01-18-2013, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

Hello,
Thanks - I - being a member of the NYS Crossbow Coalition myself knew that but I am sure that many others don't here!

Please consider joining the New York State Crossbow Coalition! We need more members and voices to show NHY sportsman and our legislators that NY does want and support the legalization of the crossbow during our Archery Seasons.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:37 AM
Spike

New York Crossbow Coalition (Facebook)
www.nycrossbowcoalition.com
Old 01-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

I feel bad for you guys.

With what happened in Sandy Hook, this is going to be a really tough do.

Your states pols have declared war on guns, and I suspect that is going to extend to anything shooting/hunting related of any kind at all.

I hope I'm wrong on that but.........with the gun law they just passed I doubt it....
Old 01-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Spike

Default no xbow in newyork

sorry to hear about that, im in ohio and we enjoy crossbow season until feb. 3. i heard penna. was all effd up for a long time too. but i think they finally realized the revenue lost by not allowing the crossbow, as well as the inline muzzleloader. good luck with your fight. dont give up till they do.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Left that the greater NY metropolitan Area back in '66 and am I ever happy I did. Lived in NJ and hunted there and NYS. Boy has it changed over the years. The problem is the libs. They have destroyed a beautiful area of our country.

Living in the beautiful Commonwealth of Virginia. Love living here and hunting here. We don't have any of the bull$*** you poor guys have to put up with.

Work together and stay strong my friends!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by craig
I feel bad for you guys.

With what happened in Sandy Hook, this is going to be a really tough do.

Your states pols have declared war on guns, and I suspect that is going to extend to anything shooting/hunting related of any kind at all.

I hope I'm wrong on that but.........with the gun law they just passed I doubt it....
You're right Craig. The 2013 Crossbow Bill was never even voted on or looked at during the May 2013 Legislative session.
I am now looking into relocating to SC where I have relatives who tell me that SC HAS a legal crossbow season and I believe one CAN legally own even an AR-15. NY is it's own worst enemy! I have followed, supported and fought for crossbow hunting for over 30 yrs here in NYS and just cam not willing to wait any longer to hunt with one here in this state. I don't feel it's ever going to be legalized in this state despite what supporters believe honestly.

I've had enuff and for a state with some of THE highest taxes in the USA, high unemployment figures, cost of living - I'm out of here. Cuomu sold out we New Yorker's with this SAFE Act bill that was passed in a mere 20 mins. We now can no longer buy or sell assault weapons(s), we can't crossbow hunt, and we can't have any more than 7 rounds in any firearm at any given time!

This state sucks and I am getting the hell out ASAP!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:08 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by urbanbowhunter
sorry to hear about that, im in ohio and we enjoy crossbow season until feb. 3. i heard penna. was all effd up for a long time too. but i think they finally realized the revenue lost by not allowing the crossbow, as well as the inline muzzleloader. good luck with your fight. dont give up till they do.
I am a prior NYS DEC employee. I can't believe that our state is stupid enuff that they can't see the lost revenues from the sale of crossbows, hunting licenses, and all the retail sporting goods accessories, clothing, ATV's, ATV insurance, fuel, food purchases, trips, etc. that legalizing crossbows could offer here.

I guess NY feels we are SO 'wealthy' that we don't need to attract and NEW hunter(s), sell additional licenses or need the income from such these days! Idiots!