Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Crosshairs will not adjust to the right. What's wrong? >

Crosshairs will not adjust to the right. What's wrong?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crosshairs will not adjust to the right. What's wrong?

Old 12-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Crosshairs will not adjust to the right. What's wrong?

Once again, I'm new to this and using a scope.
I kept shooting left and low. I could not get the crossbow to shoot any higher or to the right. Finally i noticed that the rail the scope sits on can be adjusted and right away it shoots perfect now top to bottom after cranking it down a tad. How do i get it to shoot to the right now? That seems like a stupid question but why in the world would it not adjust? I would shoot about 4 to 5 inches left of center...click it 4 to 6 times for a right adjustment and still shoots 4 to 5 inches left. Thanks for any help on this one. Scope adjusts 1/4" per click at 100 yds. I'm lost.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 AM
Spike

Sounds like the scope is broken.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

as mentioned it could be broke or might be maxed out...usually due to improper taps for scope mounts. is this a rifle scope?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

It's the scope that came with it. Has 5 horizontal lines.
The first shot I took once the scope was mounted shot about a foot low and 2 foot right. 2nd shot was about a foot to the right. At some point i over corrected and now it's shooting 5 inches to far left. So at one point I was able to adjuste a lot to the left but now won't come back right. Shooting at 20 to 25 yds.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

scope is no good....
Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

You moved it 4 or 5 clicks to the right? at 100 yards that would move it 1 inch. at 20 yards maybe 1/4" Check all mounting screws for tightness then try adjusting it again,, i'd go at least 12 clicks.. hoot it from a resting position, with field tips. could be a bad scope but I would make sure..

I'm not sure but on a bow you might want to move it to the left..or clamp the bow in a gun vice, aim the scope at the center(bulls eye) then turn the cross hairs to where your bolts are hitting, that will put you closer to your bullseye..

Last edited by glockman55; 01-17-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Spike

I know it sounds dumb but I have to ask have you removed the caps so you can see the adjustment lines or are you turning the caps.
Believe it or not this was the case for another person on different board. He was green as green can be that he admitted but he forgot to remove the caps making adjustment impossible. So I always start right at the basic beginning.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Spike

And if that isn't it follow this formula.
Your POI moves 1/4 inch at 100 yards but if your shooting at 20 yards which 1/5 of 100 yards your scopes POI moves to 0.05 per click at 20 yards. Take the amount you are off and divide it by 0.05 lets say your off 4 inches that would equal 80 clicks. If that doesn't work because your scope bottoms out then you will need to realign your scope on the mount and also check the mount to crossbow. Do the mounting holes look to be in the right place? Are there any bits of plastic or other material laying in the way of a good clean fit. Does anything look bent mounting plates and slides should be straight.
Clean it all up and reassemble it and try again.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

usually those lines in scopes are 10,20,30,40,50 yds...ours is 1/4" at 20yds I believe. you could also try counting clicks from one side to the other...get it centered back and remove the scope from the rings and try remounting the rings...
Old 03-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Did you Unlock your Adjustments.There is usually Screws on the Adjustment Screws to Lock them down once adjusted.

Seen several think their Scope wasn't any Good and this was the problem.

big rockpile

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.