Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

quad 400

Old 11-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default quad 400

I bought my wife a barnett quad 400 for her birthday last summer. She has been very happy with it but i was wandering if anyone could suggest a better quality scope than the one that came with it. The front lens rattles and it has lost its zero once this fall not far enough to miss a deer but still would like to get her a better one.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your problem is probably due to the 3/8" scope mount vibrating each shot.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by awshucks
Your problem is probably due to the 3/8" scope mount vibrating each shot.
No, I think the problem is that it's a Barnett!!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OneBear

Ouch..... ......
Old 11-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OneBear
No one said there was a problem just wanted to get a better scope for her. The only problem is that people think they need to spend a fortune to kill a deer and i guess i can understand it for hunters with less ability. If you need to spend $1000 for a crossbow or a compound bow or $1500 for a shotgun and load them with $40 a box ammuntion then you go ahead nock yourself out. Where i hunt the deer havnt got any tougher people have just got lazier. I for one will never spend such a ridiculas amount of money to kill a deer. If you dont have a constructive response to my question keep your coments to yourself. Ouch!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by grinder67
No one said there was a problem just wanted to get a better scope for her. The only problem is that people think they need to spend a fortune to kill a deer and i guess i can understand it for hunters with less ability. If you need to spend $1000 for a crossbow or a compound bow or $1500 for a shotgun and load them with $40 a box ammuntion then you go ahead nock yourself out. Where i hunt the deer havnt got any tougher people have just got lazier. I for one will never spend such a ridiculas amount of money to kill a deer. If you dont have a constructive response to my question keep your coments to yourself. Ouch!
Just to let you know, I wasn't knocking you or your crossbow.
I thought that was kind of a rude comment as well.
As far as crossbows go, I can only speak for myself. I bought what I wanted, a re-curve.
Don't know anything about Barnett's personally. Never shot one, never even handled one.
The only other crossbow I have owned or shot was a Horton Realtree HD175. After a year I decided to upgrade to a re-curve because no bow press is needed for simple maintenance, string changes, etc. No cables to break, no pulley's to tune, etc.
I chose an Excalibur for the safety, reliability, quality and excellent customer service.
I bought it once & it will last my lifetime and then some.
And yes, it has killed many deer.
Don't let other's dictate what's right for you.
Enjoy your crossbow and have fun. That's what it's all about, right?
Old 11-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by grinder67
AMEN BROTHER
Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

You get what you pay for, when I bought a Barnett Q400 in 05, it was 340 fps for $340. Cheap speed. I blew mine up trying to get less than 3" groups at 20 yds.

I was at a show a few months later, a brand new Q400 got hid under a table w/o firing a shot, safety problem. YMMV.........
Old 11-30-2012, 05:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Quad 400 is a good powerful crossbow but i had problems keeping mine zeroed. The problem was in the scope mount.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by awshucks
You get what you pay for, when I bought a Barnett Q400 in 05, it was 340 fps for $340. Cheap speed. I blew mine up trying to get less than 3" groups at 20 yds.

I was at a show a few months later, a brand new Q400 got hid under a table w/o firing a shot, safety problem. YMMV.........
Been there bad memories still have the scar,it was a fast
puppy,was scared to shoot the replacement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.