Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Crossbow Target for 350 fps Excalibar >

Crossbow Target for 350 fps Excalibar

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow Target for 350 fps Excalibar

Old 09-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Spike

Question Crossbow Target for 350 fps Excalibar

I need help. I just got a new excalibar equinox and I have a black block target and it stops the bolt. But after hitting the target I have arrow holes all over now and if I hit one the bolt will go all the way to the middle of the vanes. Then the vanes are ripped or really bent bad. So what im asking is. Do thay make a Target that will stop this bow even if it hits a hole again?
Old 09-02-2012, 03:58 AM
Fork Horn

Buy a Spyerweb Target! Stops my SZ380 very easily Withdrawal of the arrows is great
Best target I've had in 40yrs
Old 09-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Spike

I went through several before I found the Morrell. I've been told there are shredded car tires in there.

http://tinyurl.com/9cjpzas
Old 09-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Spike

Mine is 7 years old but it looks like I have the Morrell "Bone Collector".
Old 09-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Spike

Thanks for the info
Old 09-03-2012, 06:23 AM
Spike

I should add that I thought I would need the bigger size (and expensive) Morrell at first but later learned it was too big to be convenient at my hunting trailer (I unload my xbow every night at my hunting distance of 30 yards and keep the target in the trunk when I'm out). So I bought an identical Morrell for $40, about half the size and it has worked out.
From what I'm reading online these new Morrell's may not even be the same as mine but the important thing is with the accuracy of the xbow you don't need a target that big and expensive.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Spike

I bought the spyder target only to find out that you can only use field tips in it . I like to use broadheads on my targets. I Bought the morrell target for braodheads and this excalibar 350 just pushes right to the vanes. even at 50 yards. Looks like im going to get a slower xbow.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like to use broadheads on my targets.
Rinehart 18-1 is your answer............
Old 09-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by whitetail72
I bought the spyder target only to find out that you can only use field tips in it . I like to use broadheads on my targets. I Bought the morrell target for braodheads and this excalibar 350 just pushes right to the vanes. even at 50 yards. Looks like im going to get a slower xbow.

I'd keep the Excalibur and try to find a different target. I have a Vortex and made a bag target from old clothes/jeans (minus buttons, snaps, zippers) and put them in a doubled up burlap feedbags from the farm store ($1 each) when the bags wear out I buy another for a dollar. Then again I am only using field tips for target shooting. But you sure can't beat a $2 field point target.... just my .02 ......