Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Illuminated nocks >

Illuminated nocks

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Illuminated nocks

Old 06-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Illuminated nocks

Guys which of the illuminated nocks do you use in your crossbow and why??
I have watched TV and when they shoot I can't even determine if they have hit the deer or not, I'm assuming that having these nocks might help.
Thanks
daddus
Old 06-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't use 'em. Have seen no need to pay the extra $$.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Spike

I am currently trying out the Easton Tracer Nock. I am went with this one after having some issues with not being able to get the Lumenock brand to turn off with out having to pull on it with a pair of plyers. So far I like the tracer nocks. They turn on and off by passing by a magnet, which has to be mounted onto the bow. I am shooting Ten Point Carbon Elite arrows made by Easton out of the Titan HLX, so I went with the Tracers for now partly becasue Ten Point points them in their arrows from factory if you choose to get them with the lighted nocks installed. Double Take and Rage now are making a lighted nock know as the Nocturnal, that might be good if you can used it in your arrows. I use compound bow arrow versions in my Mathews and really like them. I was told though that since this the first year they are making lighted nocks for crossbows that they are only making them for the aluminum arrows, but I am not sure if this is certain or not since their website is currently under construction. These turn off with a little button that snapped on from the string and is turnd off by napping it back up with the point of a sharp object. I have also read good things about the Fire Nock, but I was not wild about the idea of force tunring them off when I used G5 lighted nocks that turned off in a similar way. Like you I like the idea of being able to watch the arrow and hopefully find it after making a shot. The only down fall that I have found is that since they are generally heavier than the regualr nocks, they tend to not always have the same POI. Best of luck in the choices
Old 06-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Fork Horn

Tried them all FireNocks are by far the best, bar none!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

I'd Put Burt Coyote "Luminocs" up against them all. The best I have found!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Curious now ... what is the advantage of these ? Once the bolt is loosed, it's going to hit where ever it is going to hit. Is the light helping to find the bolt?

Last edited by Mojotex; 07-04-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

Mojo,
As I posted when I'm watching the hunting videos on TV with a 52 inch screen and High D I can't sometimes see where the arrow hits.
I'm hoping that the illuminated flight of the nocks will give me that little bit of extra sight these old eyes need to determine if I even hit the deer. I'm not one who likes to load all the technology possible just want to humanely shoot and track and harvest deer. Love them backstraps fried in butter with a little garlic powder on them!
daddus
Old 06-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

I use Firenocs in all my arrows for hunting Tried all the other brands and found Firenocs to be head and shoulders above the rest, longer battery life, more durable, a lot brighter, ability to replace the battery, specifically made for whatever arrow you use does not affect the flight or accuracy
My eyes aren't the best and the Firenocs let me see my shot, watch the arrow go through the critter and allow me to find my arrow.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mojotex
Curious now ... what is the advantage of these ? Once the bolt is loosed, it's goning to hit whever it is going to hit. Is is helping to find the bolt?
I can follow the bolt right to the target (deer) and find the bolt easier.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought some Firenocks and then I discovered today I could but Lumenocks for a third of the cost. I didn't know Lumenok made moon nocks for Gold Tip crossbow bolts.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.