Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Barnett quad 400 problems >

Barnett quad 400 problems

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett quad 400 problems

Old 12-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Spike

Default Barnett quad 400 problems

I Have a quad 400 with 20 inch bolts and 125 grain practice point. I also have a 3 dot tru glow red dot scope on it. . I bought 6 brand new easton arrows because the 4 that came with it the fletchings are all messed up because they go straight through the block and because I missed the whole target a few times.anyways I had it sighted in at 25 yards but then I moved out to 35 yards and it shot high and to the right like a couple inches so i adjusted my scope a couple clicks and then it was shooting like 4 inches to the left of the target and I didnt move it that much.soem times its fairly consistent and then other times it will be off by a foot. I also notices that if i push the arrow all the way back the front end comes up a little of the groove. I am using 125 grain field points. Should I use broad heads because that is what I will be hunting with?
Old 12-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Quad 400 uses 22 inch bolts.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by falcon
Make sue as stated you use the correct length then check the scope or rings they do come loose. Huntr2
Old 12-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by falcon
x's 2

I have the AVI which is the Quad 400 just with the coated limbs. It definatly takes the 22" bolts.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:31 AM
Spike

Default bolts.

Yea i know It came with 22 inch bolts but they all got messed up so i went to the store and they were out of 22 so I got 20's. Im going to go buy a cocking string to see if that helps.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:02 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mmafighter1990
I also notices that if i push the arrow all the way back the front end comes up a little of the groove.
I had the same thing with mine. If you look closely you'll see the groove is bowed in like this )( maiking it impossible for the arrow to lay flat.

Assuming you have the same model/year as I do, you will also notice the riser is too narrow and your fletching will hit it as the arrow is coming out of the bow.

If possible take it back and get a refund. And then call Dave.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

You need to be able to hit a snuff can at hunting ranges w/ field points before even thinking about bheads.

Your accuracy problem became apparent to me w/ you're comment you are considering getting a c0cking rope.

Watch out for going under min arrow weight, I'd get the right arrows and rope and start over were I you...........
Old 12-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

I had a Quad 400, the happiest day I had with that thing was when the limb cracked and I could justify buying another crossbow.

If all else fails, try tightening EVERY screw and nut on the crossbow (including scope mount & rings), and try to LocTite them all. I think there is just too much recoil on these bows, mine was never consistent, but keeping all the screws tight helped.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Spike

Default cocking rope

So I got a cocking rope and am shooting the rage 2 blade practice tip(the blue one) and Its a lot more accurate but it still isn't where I would like it. What yardage should I set for each dot( I have 3 dots)
Old 12-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Spike

Ok I kind of got it sighted in now. It shoots a little low at the 20 dot, its on at the 30 dot and I have to aim low with the 40 dot to hit where I want it.