Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
exploding parkers >

exploding parkers

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

exploding parkers

Old 10-11-2011, 04:09 AM
Spike

Angry exploding parkers

Ive had 2 Parkers explode, Terminator and a Buck Buster ,I mean limbs broke. Opening day missed one due to a broken limb, never exposed to extreme heat or cold took care of the bows, any suggestions on another brand? I don't trust the Parker Products anymore other people have the same problem.How long do these things last? You expect more.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

It would be helpful to know WHAT MADE THEM EXPLODE. Such issues as using improper nock, nock not oriented correctly, using arrow that is too light, sting that is frayed, arrow not inserted all the way back to string, etc all can cause a bow to "explode" but they are not the fault of the bow.
It would also be interesting to know what Parker did about it.
Ultimately, compound bows-not unlike trophy wives-take special care to keep performing. Want a no nonsense toughest bow hands down? Get a recurve, EXCALIBUR to be exact.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

i do not own a parker but have not seen or heard of persistent problems with them. i would think you would see this more if there realy was and issue?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Spike

I own a 175 Buck Buster. *Knock on wood* I have not had any problems too this point. How many times had you shot the bow? What has Parker told you? I have heard of other companies with this problem but not too much with Parker!
Old 10-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

im guessing this poster is just trying to get a rise out of parker owners. i may be wrong !
Old 10-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

parker has awesome customer service.......if you made them aware of it im sure they would fix it, i too would be curious to know what happened when these bows exploded. I have a terminator and no trouble other than the stick on rails becoming loose and i had to glue them on
Old 10-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Spike

aarontriton hit the nail on the head...tell us 'the rest of the story'
Old 10-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Spike

no hype this really happened i just needed some advice
Old 10-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Spike

The first time Parker replaced my terminator 3 yrs old, with a buck buster had it one month
then opening day the buck buster limbs broke I always check the arrow nock etc. just needed a suggestion on another brand since i have no faith in this product I know of 4 more with the same problem
Old 10-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Spike

The Buck Buster was only shot to sight in then limbs broke Parker will fix it for free but now I dont trust it after 2 times

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.