HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   exploding parkers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/351291-exploding-parkers.html)

david mi 01-07-2012 03:04 AM

parker sent a brand new hornet to replace the buckbuster. actually really like it as it has a very nice feel and look. i hope it will be reliable, but always have the nagging feeling now that it could break at any time. not anti parker, just frustrated. would really much rather have a reliable crossbow than post about problems.

smokepolehall 01-07-2012 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by 1deadturkey (Post 3860189)
Which Excal is strongest seller the Parker was serviced at a dealer by the way

Vortex in Thumbhole stocked model & Exocet in the stardard stocked model

smokepolehall 01-07-2012 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by david mi (Post 3898692)
parker sent a brand new hornet to replace the buckbuster. actually really like it as it has a very nice feel and look. i hope it will be reliable, but always have the nagging feeling now that it could break at any time. not anti parker, just frustrated. would really much rather have a reliable crossbow than post about problems.

Hope that is a better model fer you, they're abit slower than the one you had.

awshucks 01-08-2012 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by 1deadturkey (Post 3860189)
Which Excal is strongest seller the Parker was serviced at a dealer by the way

Dunno since thumbhole models arrived on the scene, but prior to that it was Phoenix in Canada and the Exomax in USA.

I had an Emax, liked the 200# Ecet [oops change Ecet to Vixen] better, longer serving life and much easier to shoot longer sessions w/.

I recently swapped a Phoenix rail w/ Ecet one [only diff] and am getting real fond of it, just short on time to play lately.

edmehlig 01-09-2012 09:11 AM

I was at Cabela's the other day looking at crossbows and the salesman was trying to sell me on the Parkers telling me how GREAT their Customer Service was. I believe him that they are. My concern is why don't they fix the problem once and for all. Plus I think I would be quite nervous shooting one wondering if I was going to get part of a limb or whatever in my face, hands or whatever everytime I pull the trigger.

liquidorange 01-10-2012 03:01 PM

its not just Parker. in the last year ive seen Bowtechs xbow limbs crapping out. xbow manufacturers walk a fine line in taking care of customers for the future and not rubbing them the wrong way. if you been around crossbows you will see that a certain percentage of these so called blow ups are really owner operator error. many times i believe the owners may not know what happened and blame it on the bow when the damage was due to them causing a full or partial dry fire. other things like not keeping an eye on string serving wear or improper or damaged bolts. a good company will usually help. from what ive seen many times at no cost.

Mojotex 01-11-2012 06:13 PM

Have a Parker Tornado. Probalby shot it 1000 times. No problems.

ckeifer 01-16-2012 03:28 AM

My first bow was the Parker ultralight 31. It was an amazing bow for me. I was shooting beside Mathews, Hoyt, and Bowtech. I was grouping tighter and just as fast as my buddies. I never had any issue out of that bow. I am currently looking at buying the Parker Ambusher myself. Parker has a lifetime warranty with their bows as well.

That is my 2cents

robertyb 02-18-2012 04:12 PM

This happened sitting on stand with crossbow cocked and locked. It is a Buck Buster.

slyfox54 07-19-2012 03:55 PM

I purchased a parker from Cabelas. It was defective out of the box. Sent it back to parker yesterday, I wish I had read this forum before my purchase. Made in America, with a lifetime warranty sounded good. Time will tell.