Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

CB's Prices

Old 09-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default CB's Prices

I read on the Barnett thread about all the high priced CB's everyone is buying. I bought my high priced vixen fer $275, then same day sold the new Horton scope off of it fer $70. So i figure its abit cheaper than the Barnett Jackal the poster had purchased. Can't remember a single thing that ever went wrong with it that i didn't cause. I have taken a few truck loads of deer with it over the yrs i have owned it. Plan on killin a few hundred more with it!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

It's just like all things, people get caught up in the hype and advertising and drop big money on something that isnt really that much better then something for less money. I paid 329 shipped for my PSE sidewinder and have killed 3 deer with it in a little over a year. Never had a problem with it.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some folks get off on hunting and shooting accurately. Others get off on talking about their "stuff": biggest, fastest, best, costliest, etc. An acquaintance purchased an expensive bow to shoot once. He missed the deer at "about 40 yards"-because he used the crosshair instead of the 40 yard hash-and now is turned off by crossbowing. Come to think of it, the same happened with his top-end, scoped slug gun, his laser equipped 22 handgun and 2 matching $1,200 guns to shoot prairie dogs with (so one would cool while he shot). But before that happened all he could talk about was his great, expensive whatever.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cossack
Some folks get off on hunting and shooting accurately. Others get off on talking about their "stuff": biggest, fastest, best, costliest, etc. An acquaintance purchased an expensive bow to shoot once. He missed the deer at "about 40 yards"-because he used the crosshair instead of the 40 yard hash-and now is turned off by crossbowing. Come to think of it, the same happened with his top-end, scoped slug gun, his laser equipped 22 handgun and 2 matching $1,200 guns to shoot prairie dogs with (so one would cool while he shot). But before that happened all he could talk about was his great, expensive whatever.
I hear you. My Vortex CB and TC Omega .50 are very well suited for my needs and budget. Each are highly accurate but I didn't break the bank buying them. $550 for the CB online and $300 for the Z5 Omega on clearance at WallyWorld. (generally don't like to buy from WalMart, but couldn't pass the Omega up). Not the most expensive by any means. But I couldn't be any happier with the performance of the two. I am soooooo ready for early archery to start here. 10 days I blieve to go!!!!!