Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Crossbow Bolts Carbon $25 a dozen >

Crossbow Bolts Carbon $25 a dozen

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow Bolts Carbon $25 a dozen

Old 04-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Spike

Talking Crossbow Bolts Carbon $25 a dozen

It turns out the industry of Crossbow Bolts is about as monopolized as any industry can get. Tragic as it may seem, this practice destroys the principles of free enterprise. It is only the poor uninformed consumer who bears the brunt of too many middlemen.

These are short little arrows that range in length from 8" for pistol crossbows and are usually 20" -22" for rifle crossbows. The Crossbow bolt or Crossbolt is stiffer and heavier than a conventional arrow due to the increased poundage capability of the crossbow versus the conventional bow. Recent development in carbon fiber technology has transcended the old bendable aluminum bolt into oblivion. Carbon bolts are superior in flight characteristics and durability. This manufacturer provides a solution http://0059e80.netsolhost.com/

The cost of a dozen quality bolts from varying manufacturers and distributors ranged from $50-$110 for six retail. The most inexpensive distributor cost buying 600 pieces was $26.95 per six bolts. I was able to locate one manufacturer that sells them to anyone without having to be a dealer or distributor . Here's the link where YOU CAN BUY THEM FOR $25 A DOZEN!!!

http://0059e80.netsolhost.com/ Enjoy this article and benefit from it's information
Old 04-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

my crossbow shoots arrows...not bolts and I would just as soon pay more and know what I am getting and who I am getting from.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Spike

I took a look at the site and despite having almost zero information, I was willing to try a dozen. I called the number on the page and two things made me change my mind.

1. Despite the supposed location of the company, the fellow on the voice mail was obviously from up north. Major red flag.

2. The decision maker. If you have questions, leave a message.
Someone's running a part time import business, not a production facility.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Spike

I took a look at the site and despite having almost zero information, I was willing to try a dozen. I called the number on the page and two things made me change my mind.

1. Despite the supposed location of the company, the fellow on the voice mail was obviously from up north. Major red flag.

2. The decision maker. If you have questions, leave a message.
Someone's running a part time import business, not a production facility.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Judging just from the picture of the crossbow on the site, these may be arrows for 'toy' bows. I can make a dozen for about twice that amount but they are for my own 'real' bows.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Cossack
Judging just from the picture of the crossbow on the site, these may be arrows for 'toy' bows. I can make a dozen for about twice that amount but they are for my own 'real' bows.
Well...I got an email from them and talked to them on the phone. I was assured they were quality shafts and professionally built so I ordered 2 dozen against my better judgment.

Thankfully, I used AmEx because they're going back tomorrow. I* haven't even looked at the shafts. My email to them said it was the worst Fletching job I'd seen in 50 years of archery.

Out of 25 arrows, only one could be shot and that one would be wild.

Here are a couple of pictures and you can see all of the pictures at:
http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...0arrow%20deal/

What a crock!!!

Old 05-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Always stick with major company like Easton and other major brands.
I use 2216 7075 Easton with 150gr.broadhead on my Exocet Excalibur and in 6 years damaged just one arrow.
If you intend to hunt heavy critters like Moose,Elk and big mule deer stick with 150gr.
I lost a moose with a light carbon shaft with 100gr Broadhead and lost it.Now i stick with 22" 7075 2216 alum arrows and 150 gr.Bolt cutter broadhead.
Taureau noir

Last edited by Taureaunoir; 05-28-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Spike

we had a young fella come to one of our boy scout archery competitions
with some of them POS's. i have a arrow roller for check'n integrety... and none passed
i took them and gave him a 1/2 dozen 2219 aluminums
that i have for heavy applications. he practiced abit.. the he said
"i never knew i was sooo good"
he was using a barnett jackal that we set up for him several weeks ago. it turned out to be one of the few crossbows there that day to be less that 1" in 30yrd groups in the 15 and under class.
turned out to be a wonderful day !!!!!!!!!!!