Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Barnett Predator >

Barnett Predator

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett Predator

Old 02-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Barnett Predator

I am thinking about getting one for my dad for his birthday. Have any of you got one or played with one. They claim that it gets up to 375 fps which is really fast. Just wanting everybodys opinion on this bow. the review at cabelas claim that they get 385 fps and it only drops an inch at 70. Its priced at 700 so it is just right for me and my brother to spilt the cost 350. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:40 AM
Fork Horn

I think you would be far better buying a Wicked Ridge, Parker, Excalibur or TenPoint crossbow Barnett crossbows are pretty much junk/ They are cheaply made and tend to break, blow aprat and otherwise fall apeart, They are not built to handle the speed. The trajectory is not even close to what the Bozo from Cablea's told you.

Do yourself a favor and contact Wyvern Creation, 603-659-0575 it will be the best phone call you ever made. David will give you the straight factual info and help you make the right decision buying a crossbow
Old 02-02-2011, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now mind you i ain't bashing Barnett. I have a friend here in Mo. that has a new Barnett Jackel & they wanted to knowed if'en i wanted to shoot it. I said i value all of my fingers & body parts too much & i would pass on such a fine oppertunity. I still have never touched one of those Brand of of CB's & fer peace of mind plan on passing on from this world having never done such a thing!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Spike

The suggestion posted by OneBear (to contact David at Wyvern) is a great one. You'll not find anyone who is more helpful and/or knoweldgable. Speaking to him for five minutes could save you hours of frustration or dissatisfaction.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

the review at cabelas claim that they get 385 fps and it only drops an inch at 70.
I'd take that w/ a box of salt. X2 on Wyvern and listen close, lol.

Edited to add: Saw this thread on another forum, thought it might interest you. Link

Last edited by awshucks; 02-02-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

If there's a bow that casts an arrow so flat that it drops only one inch at 70 yards I want it. Fortunately it does not exist.
I think you should look at the Excalibur Axiom for your dad. Low maintenance, low price and low FUBARs. David is a good choice in vendors!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by awshucks
I'd take that w/ a box of salt. X2 on Wyvern and listen close, lol.
I think you'll need a 5 ton truck of salt Dan!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OneBear
I think you would be far better buying a Wicked Ridge, Parker, Excalibur or TenPoint crossbow Barnett crossbows are pretty much junk/ They are cheaply made and tend to break, blow aprat and otherwise fall apeart, They are not built to handle the speed. The trajectory is not even close to what the Bozo from Cablea's told you.

Do yourself a favor and contact Wyvern Creation, 603-659-0575 it will be the best phone call you ever made. David will give you the straight factual info and help you make the right decision buying a crossbow
EXCELLENT POST!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Spike

I can only speak in regard to the Barnett buck commander, which is very similar to the Predator. I find the buck commander to be fast, smooth, quiet, flat shooting, reliable, and very fun to shoot. It comes as a great value package. A handful of guys at work bought the Barnett quad 400 and are very happy with them also.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by timberframe
I can only speak in regard to the Barnett buck commander, which is very similar to the Predator. I find the buck commander to be fast, smooth, quiet, flat shooting, reliable, and very fun to shoot. It comes as a great value package. A handful of guys at work bought the Barnett quad 400 and are very happy with them also.
Please let me knowed how y'alls Barnetts are shooting in 13 yrs. By the way make sure they're shot a min of 1000 times a yr as mine is & its 13 yrs old. Thats dependability at its best cupcake!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.