Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
New Toy ( crossbow) suggestions >

New Toy ( crossbow) suggestions

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New Toy ( crossbow) suggestions

Old 01-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default New Toy ( crossbow) suggestions

O,k, I,m sure its been asked and I,ve read many already .
But had to ask .
I,m thinking abought buying a crossbow , do to our State legalizing them . ( 2 yr. trial )
We can only use them during any season except bow hunting .
This is the reason I,m asking this question .
Whats a decent crossbow to buy that will do the job , and also doesnt have issuse , at least not in the past .
I,m thinking of a reasonable priced crossbow just in case in 2 years they pull the plug on us .
Thanks ...
Old 01-23-2011, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats alot of models & brands to cover. What kind of funds are you willing to spend ? Weight of Bow ? How fast, speed costs money? Recurve or Compound style ? Dependable ?
Old 01-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default $$$$$$$$$

In the ball park of $500 or so .
I ,m referring to a Crossbow . I bought a new Bowtech Tribute compound 2 yrs ago .
I,ve easly got over $1300. invested .
Just kicking around the idea of a crossbow .
Just looking for something that shoots good ,dependable and not to pricey .. LOL... Thanks
Old 01-24-2011, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok lets try again compound or recurve crossbow ? Which do you prefer ? Weight these Bows get heavy from jump street. Recurve Excal is what i own most dependable CB made. Compounds 10 pt Titan, Slider & they have Wicked Ridge Warrior & Invader. Parker Bushwacker & Enforcer. Bowtech has the Strykezone 350, its a new model & i am also interested in it. There are other brands but i am not to recommend them. Horton has always had entry lvl models most 150 lbs they would be cheap n easy to find. Heck you can find used one's fer $100 on up. I reckon they're cheap enuff to play with & not lose much if'en you resale it.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

i picked up a parker crossbow in a trade last year and it shoots pretty good, fairly quiet. Parker has excellent customer service, i can say that for a fact---and i like that theyve been making compound bows for years and years. I see used crossbows all the time on craigslist, might want to check that out to get in cheap. If money was no object id probably be looking at bowtech and tenpoint. Excalibers are nice, they are recurve type where most others are compound. Ive noticed the new trend in cross's seems to be the inverted limbs, havent shot one tho. Probably the minimum bow id get would either be a wicked ridge or parker.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I realize that it is not within your stated price range, but I bought a Parker Tornado last fall upon the recommendation from a friend of mine. The X-Bow that I was using at the time "broke" on me mid season, and I did not want to miss the remaining several weeks waiting for a repair. This X-Bow is a better fit for me personally. It is lighter in weight, LOP is ideal for my frame, and does not seem to have any significant "jump". Shot great .... dialed it in before heading to the fields, of course. Shot at 6 deer. Bagged 6 deer. Hit right where I aimed. Seems to be plenty fast and certainly quieter than the other one I had. I do notice more serving wear, despite me cleaning after each trip out and keeping the serving and rail lubed.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default Looking at the Parker Enforcer 160

I,ve been looking on the net and kinda like the price and style of the Parker Enforcer 160 .
Says its new for 2010 ?
Looks like it would do all I want and some .
Would the 3X multi recticle scope be a good choice ?
I see then from $410. and up .
What else would I need if I buy the kit ?
1.BOLTS
2,Caulking mech. ? with one .
3.Taget tips
4. broad heads
???????
Would like to find a used bow if possible but lowest I,ve found the kit for is $408.70 fromBlack Bear Sports , anyone every buy from them ?? Thanks again .
I had no luck on the Craigs list ads ...
Old 01-25-2011, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why dont you just call David at Wyvern Creations most knowledge,best prices
ands someone to back go to if a problem arises,you wont find that on e-bay or
whatever you are looking at.603 659 0575,best call you will ever make.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Horton's TRT ultralite, is your price range, nice crossbow, very fast at about 330 fps.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't ck'ed the kit. You always need arrows, field pts, c0cking rope, target, string wax. I have some good reports on the Parker Enforcer. ZCall Wyvern he will get you a good deal fer sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.