Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Hard Choice

Old 01-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Spike

Default Hard Choice

Well after shooting the vortex and the phoenix today I found things I like and things I did not like. I liked the speed, and power of the vortex but did not like the thumbhole stock because of the safety being out of reach. So now I have to pick between the phoenix and the exocet ( which I did not get to test out). Is the extra speed worth the extra money? Also does the exocet has the same feel in your hands as the phoenix?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Feels the same fer stock but the E'cet 200 will feel just a tad more nose heavy. I have owned both shot both in 3-D's fer 2 yrs & hunted with them much longer than that. If'en yer not a short person the E'cet would be hard to beat as an all around size fer recurve & Excal. I on the other hand love the T-hole stock & the safety i push off as the game enters my shooting range.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ecet is my favorite Excal. Had an Emax, then ordered a Phoenix from Danny Miller. Found out a year later it was a mismarked from factory Ecet.

You might want to check w/ him on prices. He often has new bows that were only shot a few times that he's taken back on trade ups or trade downs. Either bow, you can't go wrong. [740] 483-2312.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only difference between the two is 1'' inch longer rail on the more powerful bow; 14.5" power stroke v 15.5". I'm getting 297 fps with the Phoenix and 318 fps with the Vortex using 405 gr arrows and self made 32 strand Flemish string. I too like the TH of the Vortex but the trigger on the Phoenix is so sweet that it will never be out of my sight. To be fair, it has been worked by me to get it that way.The Vortexs' is almost there but holding back more weight, not quite.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:20 AM
Spike

I know it is 1" longer, but is the limbs wider then the limbs on the phoenix ?
Old 01-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

The current hunting models all have same stocks [2], triggers, limbs and risers. Like Cossack said, only diff is in rail lengths, and the bolt pattern for thole vs pistol grip stocks are different.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same size & width limbs since 2000 fer all hunting models
Old 01-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Spike

Thanks, I just ordered a Exocet 200.