Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

cheap crossbows

Old 12-30-2010, 05:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default cheap crossbows

looking for a cheap crossbow, nothing to serious or expensive. less than 200$ with around 230 fps. just kinda something to screw around with when im not bow hunting. thanks!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cheap is as cheap does. Why not aim a bit higher, one you can actually use to hunt with if you feel like it; you may like this new form of archery. A cheap bow likely won't do the sport justice. By the time you buy all the extras, it will cost you over $300. For $100 or so more you can get an entire package, including a new bow with a good warranty. Call Dave Wilkins at 603 659 0575 for more info.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cossack
Cheap is as cheap does. Why not aim a bit higher, one you can actually use to hunt with if you feel like it; you may like this new form of archery. A cheap bow likely won't do the sport justice. By the time you buy all the extras, it will cost you over $300. For $100 or so more you can get an entire package, including a new bow with a good warranty. Call Dave Wilkins at 603 659 0575 for more info.
could i buy a used one anywhere for around 300$? it would be kinda cool to hunt with one but im only 14 and untill i get a job at eat n park i wont have more than 250$
Old 12-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well I heard there's a Pennsylvania factor

The addition of a potential 750,000 hunters with crossbows in PA archery hunting, it is going to make old crossbow prices obsolete.

A lot of newbies to charge for crossbow participation.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Valentine
The addition of a potential 750,000 hunters with crossbows in PA archery hunting, it is going to make old crossbow prices obsolete.

A lot of newbies to charge for crossbow participation.
why did they pass the law of making crossbow legal to all hunters? to get more hunters involved?
Old 12-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

The passed the law to allow crossbows so the states can get more money from license sales!

You buy a cheap crossbow, you get cheap. Almost a guarentee you will not like it after a very short period of time. Save your money and buy something decent, either new or used; a Parker ,TenPoint, Horton, or Excalibur!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would stick to name brand. heres one on sale with 5% off. http://www.manventureoutpost.com/pro...e-Package.html
Old 12-31-2010, 12:42 PM
pjd
Spike

Default cheap crossbow

i have been looking into the same , a cheap crossbow
found alot of good reveiws on the crosman brand
look at walmart on line and they can send it for free to yuor local store 239.00, check this brand out
Old 12-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pjd
i have been looking into the same , a cheap crossbow
found alot of good reveiws on the crosman brand
look at walmart on line and they can send it for free to yuor local store 239.00, check this brand out
thanks! i think i have a crosman adult air rifle maybe its the same brand
Old 01-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are guys out there who love the Barnetts and have great luck with them.
Maybe they are not as bad as their rep. I however put the effort into buying a bow with a good rep and the best warrantee. IE. If it breaks in ANY way they will fix or replace it. I also wanted a bow that I could work on myself and change the string without a bow press.
My Excal Pheonix is out of you current price range but there must be a quality bow out there thats somewhere in the middle. Don't be afraid to watch EBAY. Nice used Excals pop up now and then and the warrantee goes with the bow and not the original owner.

Ps.. The Excal's wing span is just about the same as a 747 so rule out still hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.