Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Best Brand Crossbow??? >

Best Brand Crossbow???

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Best Brand Crossbow???

Old 10-28-2010, 07:27 AM
Spike

After owning a few different brands I have to go with Excalibur!!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scorpyd RDT165 is the fastest CB on the market 425 fps. I own & shoot Excals great CB & its easy fer me to keep working
Old 11-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Spike

I have a Barnett Qaud 400 AVI that I purchased from Cabelas.Of the six shots fired in the field I have 5 deer and one fox. 2 deer ran 40 yards before piling up, the other three dropped within 15 yards. As for the fox, stuck him to the ground with a head shot at twenty yards. Great crossbow.......Practice, practice, is why I was successful. Just know your equipment and it's limitations, no matter of cost and you will have meat in the freezer.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

I currently have a Horton, it's the Realtree HD 175. This is one bad maama jamma of a crossbow. I can shoot some close groups out to 50 yds. with it. My limit as far as a live deer is about 35-40 yds. though. This is not the fastest crossbow but it does what I need it to do. If I get another crossbow it will probably be a Parker. They have a lifetime warranty and I hear that the customer service is great.Nothing wrong with the Excalibur or Ten Point brands just a little to much$$$ for me.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Spike

I just bought a Parker Spartan with a scope from the Sportsman's Den in Shelby, Oh for $279.00. Seems like a good starter crossbow for the money. They had the red dot version for $257. I haven't shot it yet but like the way it feels and its balance. I like the Parker warranty, and reviews about the quietness of their crossbows. I guess I'll find out how good they are over the next few weeks.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for Excalibur...
Old 11-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Excalibur...second to none. You can change a string in the field if you have to. Try that with a compound.