Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Ten Point X-Bow Failure >

Ten Point X-Bow Failure

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ten Point X-Bow Failure

Old 10-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unhappy Ten Point X-Bow Failure

My 3-Year old Ten Point X-Bow prematurely fired on on me Saturday afternoon. I thought that had cranked it to full draw, but apparently had not. When I tried to shoot a fat doe that was right in front of me at 15 yards or so, nada. The trigger had zero tension. I examined the X-Bow and in my infant wisdom, determined that somehow I had not brought the bow to full-draw. Using the hand cranked accu-draw, I carefully proceeded to pull the cable back again. The X-Bow trigger-release mechanism came to a different geometry that I figured was the "fully drawn" position. I then was in the process of releasing tension on the cable when it fired, slinging the draw yoke out into the food plot some 75 yards, breaking both drawing cables ... and scaring the pee out of me. What mystifies me most about this event was that the dual safety system had to be some how rendered ineffective, as well as their anti dry-fire design, as well as the bow being "triggered". I have sent the X-Bow back to Ten Point and am awaiting their findings. Their tech folks were very nice and obviously interested in this failure.

Mean time folks, keep them pinkies below the rail !

Last edited by Mojotex; 10-19-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: To remove unaccepted work and substitute "draw"
Old 10-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about yer mishap & Bow doing the Busted Scramble.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

get an Excal you can dry fire them things and they still work great....i'm not kidding i've done it.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a rarity for a 10 pt. I'm sure they will take care of you.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Disassembled one last week whose crank failed, several internal parts seized and were consequently broken. ALL mechanical things can and do fail at some time. I too believe that fewer thing to go wrong is better: recurve.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Spike

actually that's always a problem with the Ten Point X-Bow. many of my friends complaining same issue with you. what they did is, they call back the shop and told them that's what happen to your products. all they can do usual is have it change.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by barneth
actually that's always a problem with the Ten Point X-Bow. many of my friends complaining same issue with you. what they did is, they call back the shop and told them that's what happen to your products. all they can do usual is have it change.
Always a problem Barneth? THis is the first time I've ever heard of it happening... but failures do happen. Kinda wondering if Mojotex still had the arrow in it when he was trying to re-draw.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Did you take the bolt out or move it forward before cranking? The anti dry fire device is only activated by no bolt down in the throat, It may have gotten stuck in the up position somehow. such as sticky sap fowling things up.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Any brand has the potential to break at any time. Ten Point will make it right for sure.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cossack
Disassembled one last week whose crank failed, several internal parts seized and were consequently broken. ALL mechanical things can and do fail at some time. I too believe that fewer thing to go wrong is better: recurve.
I have four of them with no problems,a Defender,and three
GT Curves maybe it's how they are useing them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.